1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA open court second season

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NL Rocket, Oct 10, 2012.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

1 person likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shaq is still hating on Dwight.

Saying Brook lopez is better than Dwight on NBA Open Court, everyone else , kenny, charles, reggie, chris are telling him is wrong

3. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Any other episodes besides the one with Shaq talking about Dwight?

4. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

No, last night was the first one this season. Next one is next Tuesday night.

How funny was it what Charles fell asleep? You could see Shaq for the longest just trying not to laugh. Haha!!!

5. prs325

prs325 Member

Shaq is a joke. I mean, the whole panel was befuddled on how he can pick Brook Lopez over Dwight. The guy is an absolute clown. Its funny how he was desperately asking CWebb and Kerr to back him up regarding the triangle offense and being the man of the team. I don't know how long this guy will be on TV, probably for entertainment value, but can anyone take this guy seriously? Seriously...?

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

this is from 2011

7. 523744

523744 Member

I can't stand Shaq on any of these shows. He is constantly gloating and cannot take jokes/criticism. There have been multiple times over the years when they make fun of Kenny or Barkley and they both just laugh about it. Shaq talks about how many points he's scored, how hes the last true big man, how many rings he has etc etc. Its getting old quick. I bet Turner signed him to a long term deal and now they are kicking themselves for it.

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Shaq is only serious when he's talking about Olajuwon or other great legends. usually I don't mind him on open court but the Lopez vs. Dwight issue is probably just to get a reaction out of people. The biggest thing is he thinks he's funny and sometimes he is but he just goes over the top, this is even worse when he's on TNT. Barkley is funny as hell though, that bit about the handmedowns and how the guys always make fun of him and he takes it.

I hope this year they will have an episode on:
    - Yao and other really big guys like Bol, Mhuresan and them
    - Webb, Boykins, Bogues and really short guys and how it was to play against them.
    - Rockets vs. Suns series of 94 & 95, just to see how Barkley & Kenny experienced the whole choke city to clutch city and how other perceived it
    - Lakers dynasty, maybe Shaq can provide some insight
    - Thrash talking part 2 and then hopefully discuss guys like Garnett who goes overboard with talking about people's families, diseases and the like.
    - What if..Rockets had played Bulls in the finals? or the whole MJ being absent and what that means for the two championships by the Rockets, see how those guys feel about it.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Try reading his post first before going straight to the video

10. prs325

prs325 Member

Not sure about Shaq giving credit to the great centers. He mentioned being too nice to Olajuwon which was the reason the Magic lost to the finals. He made fun of Yao when Yao entered the league. He made fun of the Georgetown boys.
    And not giving Howard credit as being the most dominant players at his position is downright ridiculous. CWebb and Kerr were probably shaking their heads internally and nodding their heads to appease Shaq.

As great of a player as Shaq was, he is probably one of the most insecure people who's ever played the game. He has no capacity to bow out gracefully and he constantly reminds everyone the revolutionary role and impact he had on the game.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/106Puu26I64" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QqAIUNL_TTY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bHx6uc7tJLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

The full episode is now available online and Shaq has a point but this guy is so full of himself. They have a whole part on throwing the (el)bow and he swears he never threw one. This was the first time I really saw Reggie getting almost upset at how Sha

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

*at how Shaq was acting like he wasn't a big dude and didn't use that to his advantage. Part of that was throwing elbows and can't believe he stuck to his lies. Reggie on the other hand was very straightforward and admitted he purposely kicked his leg out. Everybody knew but it's nice to hear some1 being honest.

14. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

I feel as though Shaq ruined the entire front court discussion with his bitterness towards modern day bigs. He says if Dwight was a true big man he needed to be averaging 28 and 15, yet he proclaims Brook Lopez, a guy who struggles to get 6,7 rebounds a night as a 7 footer and doesn't score near Dwight like numbers, to be a better big man. Someone should've asked him, Which big man would you take to win a championship today. If he said Old school big man or New school big man again, I would hope Turner Sports would be one step closer to giving him the boot.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

the next time a center puts up Shaq numbers on a legit championship level team, he might be the best center of all time. The rule changes have made it quite a bit easier for guards to score, so naturally they'll carry a bigger load.

16. Arthurprescott2

Shaq is more unlikeable than ever. He's terrible on Opencourt and even worse on the air.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

started the new episode with Kenny talking about Vernon.
    how sweet it is.

18. delta69er

delta69er Member

They should replace Shaq with Vernon

19. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Where can you watch the episodes?

20. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

The part about Max is on nba.com, nice bit though I wish he would've talked about his shooting (clutch shots, ice in his veins and thinking he was always hot even when he was not ;). I always find it interesting that Barkley is quiet when it comes to Vernon, maybe because of the clutch city turnaround and him going at Charles at the end of game 7. They should really talk about that series, the whole Ainge incident and everything, would be interesting to see what Charles has to say about all of that.