1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jameis Winston investigated for sexual battery

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by el gnomo, Nov 13, 2013.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Are we even talking about the same dude here?

well spoken? lmao

2. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, he can come across as very bright when he WANTS to. You know I think he is a scumbag and I am not even sure he would be a good NFL QB without being a rapist or crab leg thief.

Still, he isn't inherently stupid. I heard him speaking to an organizer for TED asking about high functioning autism.

FWIW on the radio Bo Jackson just said that Winston is not worth drafting and is "not right". Bo said he reached out to Winston and was disapointed by his complete lack of maturity and just generally didn't think highly of him as a person.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I hope he retires a Texan.

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Bo knows!!!

5. Remii

Remii Member

Was it smart or dumb for Brett Favre to get hooked on drugs (which could be why he was able to not miss games) and send pictures of his junk to women who worked for his team in the front office...??? And he's a grown-up.

6. Remii

Remii Member

I heard that Bo tried to talk to him like he was his dad... So I can understand if Winston paid him no attention.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Was it dumb or smart for a poster to say he's surprised a black person hadn't been lynched when it's obvious that the black person in question received preferential treatment from the authorities.

But to comment on yet another brilliant comparison, if Brett Favre had done both of those things at USM, he probably would've been drafted a lot lower than he already was. And yes, the majority of people criticized or chastised him for both.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It was dumb. (note that I answered your question).

Furthermore - it was dumb of the Cowboy' RB to shoplift. It was dumb of Lance Armstrong to perpetually lie. Aaron Hernandez was dumb. I can go on and on with all sorts of different people from different races doing dumb things and acting/being dumb.

9. Remii

Remii Member

Exactly...

And I answered your question too in my response to bigtexxx a few post above your original post to me.

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Sorry to sidetrack, but I don't think Favre was ever considered a Peyton Manning type cerebral QB. Favre was notorious for doing crossword puzzles during film sessions. He was a gunslinger with a great arm in his prime. As great as he was at QB, he had mental drawbacks on the field, and showed immaturity and poor decision-making off the field too, and he still was one of the best. Talent trumps all. If Winston really is that good, and is the gym rat that everyone says he is, and meets minimum QB thinking requirements, he'll make it in the league and possible flourish.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. Remii

Remii Member

Had done both of what things... Shoplifting crab legs, the pellet gun, yelling out something around a bunch of other college kids... The NFL probably doesn't care about these kids trying to make money so which two things do you mean...?

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I thought there was an alleged rape mixed in there as well.

14. Remii

Remii Member

What does alleged mean...??? Because I asked him what two things he was referring to that Winston has done.

If Winston goes pro next year, and you hear the scouts and experts saying "he's the most sure thing quarterback prospect since Luck and Manning" _ we'll see how far he drops in the draft if he has no criminal charges. Because all you hear is people saying he should drop in the draft but no one is saying he should be banned from the NFL which gives these teams the license to draft him wherever they want.

Kobe Bryant's career went just fine. Heck, we even let an NFL team call themselves the "Redskins" when people are offended by it and consider it a derogatory term. All we do as the public is blow smoke and most of the people who are disgusted with Winston will be watching him tonight... Lolzzzzz...!!!!

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

23 in a row for Famous Jameis

16. Major

Major Member

He was responding to your post about Favre - referring to the two things you mentioned that Favre had done (sexting trainers and get addicted to drugs). If Favre had done those things in college, it would have affected this draft status.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jameis Winston expected to enter NFL Draft, but won't drop out of FSU

Some have suggested that Florida State star quarterback Jameis Winston might drop out of school as a way to avoid the institution's investigation into prior sexual assault charges brought against him, as well as an inquiry into whether he violated NCAA rules for being compensated for autographs, but several sources close to him said that is in no way a consideration.

Winston intends to fight vigilantly to maintain his innocence in both instances, however, given the current state of his relationship with the upper reaches of FSU, it has become a certainty he will declare for the NFL Draft. Winston led the Seminoles to a wild win vs. Notre Dame Saturday night to preserve their national title hopes.

These same sources said a few weeks back that Winston was torn as to his future, pointing to how much he loved playing football and baseball in college, and at that time they suggested that only if the team was still undefeated deep into the season and Winston having a superb season would he leave. Now, however, in the face of the multiple investigations into him, and what has become an adversarial relationship with school officials (excluding coach Jimbo Fisher and key members of the athletic department) it is virtually certain Winston is declaring no matter what happens in the second half of the season.

Fisher has faced pressure from above to further suspended Winston (he missed a game earlier this season after shouting an obscenity on campus), but has steadfastly resisted, sources said, with Winston adamant he did not accept money in exchange for autographs. No charges were pressed regarding the allegations made against him by a fellow student and Winston has denied any wrongdoing regarding that as well.

“There is no upside in waiting to go the NFL now, after all of this,” one source said.

Despite all that's swirling around him, Winston could still well end up being a top 10 pick.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Florida State reaches settlement with Jameis Winston's accuser