1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

97 WCF : A blessing in Disguise

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Alirules, Mar 12, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Alirules

Alirules Member

If the Rockets had one that series against UTAh and lost to Chicago in the finals then the media would've had a field day with our back to cack championships.
    If we had one the series , they would've just said that Chuck finally won it and maybe some other BS to downplay it.

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Who cares? It's in the past. The media can't erase the history books.

And it's "won" not "one".

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

That's a great point about if the Rockets would have lost that series they would have just downplayed the Rockets championships, even though I believe the Rockets would have beaten the Bulls in the Finals. If the Rockets would have won I actually think it would have enhanced the titles, they would have spent so much time talking about how a HOF player like Charles finally got his dream of winning a championship, they would have fawned over the Rockets other championships. Basically, since Barkley is a friend of Jordan's they would have finally recognized the Rockets dynasty of championships. On a side note, winning the championship probably would have set back our rebuilding, since Drexler and Elie probably wouldn't have been gone after the following year. So basically it's the question, would you rather have won that championship in 1997 and legitimized, at least in the media's mind, the championships in '94, '95, or just enjoy the two championships and have the team we currently have. Tough choice, all I have to say is that I have no regrets.

4. Lil

Lil Contributing Member

frankly i think we would have won against the bulls.
    we matched up well against them. and we split the regular season series with them that year...

most importantly, we had matt bullard and mario elie! it was pretty much the last year we had a whole pack of real, clutch shooters from beyond the arc and a deep deep roster with a ton of veterans with the killer instinct (Eddie, Willis, Elie)...

#4 Lil, Mar 12, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2003
  5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

And if Malone had not put that bear-hug pick on Drexler, there would be nothing but love and respect for him on this BBS.

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Where are you pulling these thread ideas from? What relevance does this have to anything going on now? At this point, you're just posting threads for the hell of it, aren't you?

7. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

Whoa, Astro...

"Hell, the slower people in the group can even talk about ex-Rocket Tracy Murray".

;)

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Its funny 'cause, when some idiot does finally post a Tracy Murray thread in here, we're gonna jump all over his ass. :)

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

More than one has gone the Tracy Murray route, IIRC.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

You play the games to see who wins.

The Seattle series Rox blew, causing them to be unready for Jazz.

Would the Rox have beaten the Jazz if they had not let Sonics back in the series? I believe yes.

Would the Rox have beaten the Jordanaires? I believe yes.

Six years on and it really doesn't matter anymore (actually, yes it does).