1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Not a Tank/No Tank Thread) SportsUnplugged twitter: Rockets in denial

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://twitter.com/SportsUnplugged

Let's not talk about the merits of tanking/no tanking here-- we got many other threads for it.

What's curious to me here is where this particular comment is coming from (first saw it posted in the "Bozer" thread). Since the same guys made a post regarding a 3 way deal where the Rockets would give away Landry and Battier for Tyrus Thomas-- which would be perceived as a "rebuilding" move, it wouls seem that this post is saying the Rockets said no to that proposal. Someone from Rockets probably also said something to the extent that "we are keeping Shane to help us win" and that's where the "in denial about rebuilding come from."

I am just guessing here: But it seems while the Rockets are open to trades (see Rubio reports on draft night) involving Battier, they are not giving him away easily. I am guessing the result will be the Rockets end up holding onto Battier, at least until later in the season, because the minimum they'll accept for Battier is going to be higher than the maximum most, if not all, other teams would give for him.

2. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

but what could we get for Laundry?

3. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Why make a thread about some douche's one sentence twitter post?

2 people like this.
  4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

The tweet comes from Chicago so they are non to happy that Boozer aint coming to Chitown and kinda blame us for it because we dont want to rebuild instead hold court till Yao returns...just my observation.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Tanking and twitter in one thread = sure disaster

6. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

Sounds like someone who is bitter about their made up trade proposal not going through.

7. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

The implication is that in the twitter poster's opinion, the Rockets should sell out to rebuilding this year to load up next year ala San Antonio in Duncan's rookie season.

Basically, the problem is the Rockets probably wouldn't get a top 5 pick even if the traded Battier/Landry for Thomas. Even undermanned, an Adelman team will likely get 30-35 wins. So we have no shot at the playoffs, and get a 10th pick?

No thanks, lets roll with the best team that will help us win this season. I'll take a spirited first round defeat, or best case scenario 2nd round trumping, over tanking anytime.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I have serious doubts about the integrity of that twitter account. Either that or they are complete morons who have no idea what they are talking about.

I am beginning to think the posts are straight from Sam Smith.

1 person likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Landry is the Rockets most important player this season. He stands to get at least 27mpg. If he can improve his rebounding and continue with his out of nowhere shot blocking skills that came on late last year (pre-shooting) he will be key.

Not as a Rocket. But as a trade asset. If he plays well enough perhaps we can simply package McGrady with only Landry and maybe one of 2nd rounder to gain another all-star caliber force.

10. redao

redao Member

Does he imply anything for keep saying "Laundry" or just he does not know Landry's name?

11. Raven

Raven Member

That post didn't even make sense. As far as being in denial, maybe they think they can trade Tracy at the deadline for a franchise player. Let's hope they don't do anything reckless or stupid and bring in an aging star. We don't need fool's gold, we need real talent in their prime. I don't see Tracy's expiring landing that type of player. Nope, this team desperately needs a lottery pick and they need that pick to be a home run.

12. Super Von

Super Von Member

If he doesnt know the difference between Landry and Lowry why should we read what he has to say?

13. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

This.

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

This.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

This. Not to mention, its not likely we get even a top 5 pick! JW is likely to go in the top 5.

16. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

THESE :p

17. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

I don't know if this person is a "media source" but with everyone counting the Rockets out, I hope it fires up the guys on the team and we suprise everyone, the media and bandwagon fans. I know currently we don't have a "super-star" playing, but the guys we do have heart, and I believe will shock alot of people. This season will separate the real fans from the bandwagoners. And Twitter person needs to learn how to spell Carl's name, it's Landry, not Laundry.

18. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

Sorry I went on a rant. I just so tired of everyone thinking the Rockets are lottey bound, or tanking just because Yao is out/ don't know whats happening with Tracy. But I forgot that when we won our championship, we didn't get any respect. Why the Rockets are treated as if they're a horrible team is beyond me. My dream is we just suprise everyone and win the championship. Stranger things have happened.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

True. Any fan or media member who thinks or wishes this team is just going to mail it in and tank got another thing coming. It aint happening. DM, LA, or RA wont allow it to happen.

20. worzel gummidge

Whatever, they got bad info. Now look foolish and are trying to save face. Nice try, but no cake.