1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K15 vs. NBA Live 15

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRedemption, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I dominated my first 3 games on rookie. Switched to pro and lost by 20 to the 76ers.

I am not ready for pro even:(

This game has broken my spirit.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its a hard game haha.
    It punishes you for defensive lapses and will punish you for taking congested shots.

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Playing MYGM mode and MYTEAM mode on Xbone. MYTEAM is decent, waiting on them to release more packs. MYGM is interesting, I havent yet figured out where I am actually change up and edit the roation though.

4. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I think the game upped the difficulty on me. I'm getting called for holding onto the ball too long, although I'm the PG and my pick and rolls fail 90%. CPU will block me from going to the hoop and the other will block me from passing to the roller.

Like 2k15 way more than 2k14, but there are still some problems.

Blue circle telling you who to guard goes whacky and only points down sometimes. Sometimes, it'll tell you to guard someone and it'll switch a second later when a different person gets the ball and already shot it.

Teammates AI defense is horrible. They'll stand around crouched half the times when the opponent shoots. They don't even jump or put up their hands. Sometimes, they don't even bother defending their person and let them walk up to the rim for uncontested lay ups.

When they start a pick and roll on you, sometimes your teammates will stand right next to you and block you from running around the screen to defend. They'll sometimes just stand there, instead of moving to defend the ball handler, resulting into a easy path to the hoop.

Teammates AI on offense is bad too. I'll run a pick and roll and pass it to the guy camping at the three point line. Over half the times he's wide open and won't shoot. He'll hold onto the ball and dribble it into the lane. The only way to force the cpu to shoot when they're open 90% of the time is to pass it to them with 2-3 seconds left on the clock. Oh, also when I run to the paint during transition, although I'm open, I almost never get the pass in the paint for a easy lay up.

When I do pick and rolls, sometimes the AI will roll behind a third defender who wasn't even a part of the pick and roll, making it impossible to pass to him.

Shooting. Although my shooting is at 60 or whatever the default is for a rookie with no stats in it, I shouldn't be missing over half my open shots. Half the times, the game calls it a bad shot selection when I'm wide open....really? It's difficult to get a mid range game going on w/o pumping it up to 80+.

Superstar players make nearly all their shots and are almost impossible to defend. It's hard, really hard to guard superstars in this game. They move so fast and they have so many jukes. When you think you're going to go up for a block, they'll kick it out to a open teammate.

I finished my first season and I have the highest ppg, rebounds, and tops in assists, steals, blocks, yet I don't get a chance to win ROY or MVP. Is it because we didn't play a full season? Not looking forward to grinding through the playoffs to finish the season so I can get a fat contract and earn more VC.

Maybe, all these problems existed in 2k14, but I didn't keep 2k14 long enough before I sold it or maybe it's because I'm on the Raptors and the only decent person on the team is Derozan and Lowry, but I bumped Lowry to the 8th man in the rotation and replaced him as the starting PG. Overall, aside from the music, loving the game.

One thing I wished they would do is use the joystick to control which teammate you want to pass it to. Sometimes I think I'm passing it to the person closest to me, but my guy will throw it cross court and half the times it'll get stolen. If they could change it to where the direction you move your joystick to when you pass and it passes to the person in that direction, that would be gravy.

#124 chow_yun_fat, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  5. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Yeah I play on default which is pro? On the Magic, we lost nearly every game, but we went on a small 5 game win streak towards the end of the season when I was seeing you could start off shooting well, but then it's like the game says, Nawwww, you gonna shoot 40-45% and everything misses, layups, dunks, open shots, etc.

With the Rockets, we're pretty stout though. I would up the difficutly, but I get pretty owned up by the top PGs still. They just don't miss.

Overall, I think it's solid. Too many offensive rebounds though.

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If 2K doesn't fix the servers i might trade the game in

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Servers are working fine for me. What console?

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Do you guys play any Ante modes or MyPark?

I'm trying to up my attributes before going into MyPark or Ante.

9. chow_yun_fat

Don't even know what those modes are, but if you're on PS4 I'll play with you.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Playstation 4

11. chow_yun_fat

Might be your connection. Only had problems the first day. Ever since, haven't had any problems connecting to their servers. Or are you talking about playing online vs other people? We could try it and see if we get disconnected.

12. chow_yun_fat

Woo, won the Championships in my rookie year with a triple double in every game. I think I had a 30+ game win streak from every game starting from March to the playoffs.

Disappointed in the pay scale. I guess it's the max offer you can get as a rookie, but 3 yrs/25 million? I single handily carried the Raptors to the Championships. Derozan and Ross were injured before the playoffs and Lowry was retorted to back up and barely played.

Signed with the Rockets and Doc Rivers came on board!

Btw, I tried to change the time per game during the playoffs to 8, but the game kept the minutes per quarter at 12. If I'm able to change the quarters to 8 minutes per game when the new season starts, is the simulated games cpu vs cpu 8 minutes too or 12 minutes? Trying to win the MVP here.

13. chow_yun_fat

So sad, I guess no one else plays this game.

I've assembled the greatest team of all time (78-4!!!) full of combo guards/forwards. I think the lowest rated person in my team is in the 80's and the first ten are rated 90+. I simulate every game in MyGM mode and guess I got lucky with trades for first round draft picks that turn into top 5 picks.

[​IMG]

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's always been too easy to trade for lottery picks, I always begin with talented but mediocre teams and trade the guys for top picks. Draft most of the times turns out with around three top 10 picks and additional 1st rounders for me.

Remember I drafted Wiggins, Embiid, Parker, Harris and Randle in my last 2k draft.

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I did the exact same thing, last year I traded out everyone except harden and had
    Exum
    Harden
    Wiggins
    Parker
    Embiid

With
    Smart
    Gordon
    Mcbuckets
    Randle

I had to stop playing when I was at the hard cap and couldn't sign anyone

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ah yes, had Exum as well. And traded for Terrence Ross, this team was crazy runnin up and down. But that's when I stop playing the game because it gets too unrealistic.

Breh, I want to do a fantasy draft again, all dem other brehs are gone. :(

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I bumped the offseason thread in the fantasy section.

Me and you can carry the drafts breh <3

18. chow_yun_fat

I did it a lot differently from you guys. I went with a fantasy? fixed draft, not the original team on the Rockets. Also, I traded for my picks during the season, not during the draft (which I found out later is much easier). I also have some late 1st round picks and 2nd round picks on this team that were developed through a couple of a seasons.

19. AB423

AB423 Member

Is Kevin Mchale still a midget in 2k15?

20. Kid So Fresh

Kid So Fresh Member

AD looks great as a Rocket!