1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(TV Show) The Flash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmac2therack, May 15, 2014.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

it's worth it. the tone is a lot different though. Might want to start watching Arrow too because the cross-overs and easter eggs will get annoying if you have no idea whats going on in the other series.

1 person likes this.
  2. 713

713 Member

Hah alright. I've read some good reviews for both Flash and Arrow. I never watched Smallville though.

3. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Second episode was good.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I don't like that they are following the Smallville route of saying everyone got their powers from the same source.
    Weather Wizard had nothing to do with the accident that gave Flash his powers, he was supposed to have a tech based weather control wand. They have already set up that they plan to do this for a number of other villains, including Grodd (who is supposed to be a super intelligent, super strong, telepathic gorilla from Gorilla City, not a lab animal).

They have also already had Flash just fail to use his speed to solve the problems, but that is endemic to the source material and probably can't be avoided.
    Having said that, I still enjoyed the show and will continue watching.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I made it through the first 14 mins of episode 2 and had to cut it off. Couldn't take the bad acting. If people here are still complimenting the show in the future, I'll consider catching up later. For now, Arrow is all the CW I can stomach.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wonder when they will depart from the Freak of the Week thing

I think this episode was the 1st step in the that direction
    I think they need to go AWAY from the source material some
    because need bigger arcs.

Arrow is well mixing up THIS WEEKS FREAK with the overall general story
    [I'm still trying to figure out how long he spent on the actual island at this point]

Rocket River

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think you guys forget that Arrow took a full season to find its footing. For a 2nd episode it was fun. I dont expect there to be an overarching storyline until midseason. I think until then they will keep us guessing who this future wheel chair guy is. The easter eggs alone keep me coming back.

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Yea I'm wondering the same thing about the Star Labs doctor. Can't tell if he's a good guy or bad guy.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Weak sauce. Was hoping for better.

Was expecting something more on the lines of this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B5KYw5Ane20" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Flash vs Gorilla Grodd has the potential to make a great full length film. Suspecting the TV series will not do a great job with Grodd.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

What we know about the Star Labs Scientist/Doctor:

He's from the future or been to the future.
    He set the particle thing off on purpose ( especially if he's from the future ) in order to change the world for the better and create freaks.
    He's killed someone ( to stop the experimentation on Flash )
    He's been lying about his condition.
    He saved the flash's life before he died from the bolt.
    He seems to help the Flash
    He didn't want the Flash to fight the weather guy, but when Flash was ready to quit superheroics, he told the father figure to give him enough confidence to continue on ( so this was odd to me and contradictory )
    In the future, the Flash is missing from a Crisis, and this is important to the Scientist. I suspect he's waiting for the newspaper headline to change to the Flash saves the world in crisis and that's what he wants to see.
    He also warned the Flash to keep a secret identity to stay alive.

My theory would be that the scientist is impacted by the Flash disappearance during this crisis in the future, and knows what happens to the Flash, so he comes back in time to assure that nobody else can assume his powers and make him disappear, and by doing so the Flash ends up being available to solve the crisis. The Scientist is obviously interested in particle collisions, what makes up matter, and the beginning of the universe. So Flash must somehow save the universe at it's creation, and the only way he can do this will be with the help of the scientist. By helping Flash, the universe will be ok at creation and therefore the scientist will regain use of his legs, which he lost somehow in a fight with the flash. I will guess that the doctor killed his mom additionally to maintain this path, likely so that in a parallel universe the legless Doctor can be the Yellow Flash. And so there you have it. He's going to protect the Flash so that the alternate universe is created at the beginning of time in which he himself will be able to run fast and generally wreak havoc and rule his parallel universe.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Really liked tonight's episode, mostly because of the mystery of Nora Allen's killer. Joe's detective work into Dr. Wells was more entertaining than the A story, and the ending was pretty dark/creepy.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Stopped after a couple episodes. I LOVE Arrow, but this seems way too cliche and has a "broad audience appeal" which dumbs it down. Has it gotten better after the first few?

13. SK34

SK34 Member

It was obviously reverse flash...
    I think Dr. Wells is reverse flash as to the "secrets" he is keeping from Barry Allen and the crew

Yes. ITs getting better and better. More potential than Arrow.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's from the same people that brought you Arrow and you stopped after just a couple episodes? After you realized the Flash's cohorts were Vibe and Killer Frost? After you saw Wheel Chair guy was from the future? AFTER you saw the Grodd cage!?

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm somewhat familiar with the lore and it is obvious that it was the Reverse Flash, but who that character is in the show is still a mystery.

I'd say the show has potential and is getting better as it continues and establishes itself. Still not on Arrow level yet.

16. SK34

SK34 Member

Most evidence points to Harrison wells. Someone suggested that it could be office t (iris boyfriend).

I can't wait for the show when both arrow and flash are together.

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I will be surprised if it was wells. It is to obvious. They will want a twist.

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

based on the following leaked images, ill go with your answer

[​IMG]

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Anyone recommend any good Flash graphic novels? Something along the lines of an origin story and just any good stuff really.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

1 person likes this.