1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official 2014-15 New Orleans Pelicans thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Aug 19, 2014.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

hes pretty much gonna be the shawn marion/AK47 when they were young..top 5 fantasy picks that are good in every category.

2. bmd

bmd Member

If you read one of their boards and how much they hate the Rockets and the joy the get from seeing them fail, you'd probably feel differently.

3. bmd

bmd Member

Being from New Orleans, I'm very familiar with the Pelicans. Their bench is absolutely horrible.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

With Asik next to him I could see his rebounds go down. Also, If Holiday, Gordon, Anderson are all healthy, he might not get as many touches, so points could go down as well, he'd still be a beast though.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think its solid for where they are at, ours bench is much worse, our starting group doesn't have as much depth, and we are supposed to be competing for a title.

Just look at the rotations (my guess of what they will be)

Holiday - 36 minutes, Fredette/Smith 12 minutes
    Gordon - 33 minutes, Rivers 15 minutes
    Evens - 33 minutes, Babbitt/Miller 15 minutes
    Davis - 18 minutes, Anderson 30 minutes
    Asik - 30 minutes, Davis 18 minutes

Withey and Ajinca probably won't even see the court, Fredette is capable of 12+ minutes, Rivers is capable of 15+ mins, Babbitt and Miller are capable of splitting 15+ mins

Just saying their bench, to me, looks pretty solid to me for such a young team. Ya'll disagree, that's fine, we can revisit and see how they do during the season.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Woops forgot to reply to this in my post above.

Others forum's hating doesn't bother me lol I'v always liked New Orleans teams and some salty fans aren't gonna change my positive view of they're team.

7. bmd

bmd Member

I promise you... their bench is absolutely terrible. I don't even know what else to say about it.

Other than Anderson, their bench is full of really bad players.

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

if the Rocket drop from last year 4th spot, NO will be the main reason...

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

look at who you're talking about on their bench. do you think this is college still?

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

...No, I'm aware that this is am nba team *******.

I believe Fredette is capable of putting in 12 minutes a night, dude can shoot the lights out, shot 48% from beyond the arc last season. Fredette is pretty slow for a PG, when you need quickness switch in Russ Smith who is fairly quick.

I believe Rivers is capable of putting in 15 minutes a night, averaged 8 points, 2 assist, 2 rebounds last season, shot 36% from beyond the arc.

I believe Babbitt and Miller are capable of splitting 15 minutes a night. Babbitt averaged 6.3 points, 3 rebounds and 1 assist last season, shooting 38% from beyond the arc. Babbitt is not a defensive player though, when you need defense and athleticism, you can just switch Miller in.

Davis/Asik/Anderson takes up all the minutes in the from court, Withey and Ajinca are very capable of coming in for foul trouble or during injuries.

Once again, if you disagree, cool, we'l see how they do when the season starts.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

JF didn't even play significantly in any meaningful games to warrant those numbers. if he could shoot a high % during real time he would have gotten off the bench to play consistently a long time ago.

rivers is only in the nba because of his dad period. his game is not suited for the nba

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Fredette has never been a rotation player and is a horrible defender. Babbitt shoots a career 37% from the field and is a horrible defender. Austin Rivers can't play off the ball, his scoring is inefficient anyway, and he is a horrible defender. We can wait and see how they perform in the season, but they have not been quality NBA players thus far, even by bench standards.