1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade for Hornets guard Kirk Snyder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ron413, Jul 14, 2006.

1. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

July 14, 2006, 12:25PM

Rockets make deal for Hornets guard Snyder
    By JONATHAN FEIGEN
    Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

The Rockets moved to fill their void in the backcourt on Friday with a deal to acquire shooting guard Kirk Snyder from the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets.

The Rockets did not have to give up a player to add Snyder, sending cash and future draft considerations — likely no more than switching second-round draft positions — to the Hornets.

Rockets officials could not comment on the deal until it is completed later this afternoon.

Snyder, the 16th pick of the 2004 NBA Draft by the Utah Jazz, played 68 games in each of his two NBA seasons, moving into the starting lineup with the Hornets last season. A 6-6, 225-pound shooting guard, Snyder, 23, averaged eight points on 45.3 percent shooting, playing 19.3 minutes per game last season, averaging 9.7 per game in his 45 games as a starter.

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4047298.html

#1 ron413, Jul 14, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  2. ymc

ymc Member

3. tricky

tricky Member

Thanks, I can't thread so I put it on the top stuck thread last page...

4. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

5. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

The guy who taunted Rockets' bench two season's ago, that almost get into fight with Sura, and inspired Rockets to win that game.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

great pick-up

7. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

8. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Yes!!!!

This is a great pickup guys. Snyder is pretty good. I got to watch a lot of him last season. If we got him for part of the TE, that would be great. He is much better than Bogans and Wesley.

9. arjun

arjun Member

great deal to replace bogans, the fact we dint give up any players is good, i like this deal alot

10. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

This move is just downright funny. This guy is a total punk. I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers him taunting our bench when his team was down by double digits. Not to mention JVG tried to go after him...

Now he's on our team. wow.

edit: he really sucked his first few years before showing improvement last year. he is a SG at least

11. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

He's decent and considering we didn't really give anything except money and a draft pick swap, I'd say that he's a better pickup than any of the other crap we were throwing around.

He's a legit 6-6 shooting guard with an OK 3 point stroke (around 36 percent) and he's fairly athletic.

Still this better not be the last move we make because Kirk Snyder alone won't cut it. He should be a bench player.

12. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

Yeah, this off-season is getting better by the minute. :p

13. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow. Considering the fact that he got in an on-court argument with Van Gundy a few years ago, I'm really surprised the Rockets were interested at all. I guess the price was too low to pass over.

Any comments on this guy as a player? Shooting? Defense? Athleticism? Basketball IQ?

14. ymc

ymc Member

Snyder looks like a steal! :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.82games.com/0506/0506NOK.HTM

He played only 33%. If we adjust that to 100%, then his fair salary is $11.45mil. In comparison, at 100%, Battier is $14.39mil.

Did we pay MLE for Snyder? :rolleyes:

15. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Watch this!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/61z4UJq3xnY"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/61z4UJq3xnY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

16. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

LMAO, JVG will LOVE this!! They can go at it in practice everyday!

Oh, and this is for you Dr of Dunk:

SPLASH!!!

17. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

There goes JVG's "No knuckleheads" policy. I don't care about it that much either way, but this shows emphatically that the "No knuckleheads" thing was total BS.

18. deep79

deep79 Member

Why not. This guy has alot of talent but has attitude problems. He's been a spot starter for Utah and NO so you know he can play in this league. I just hope we're not depending on him though.

As long as it cost us next to nothing, as is indicated in the article, and we have a backup plan if he implodes I think its a good move. It helps our depth. We still have the TE and MLE to get more help.

19. arjun

arjun Member

i know u cant judge a player by career highs but career high 12 assists, and 28 pts, both this season is good for some1 who we got just for cash

20. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

This is excellent pickup. He is athletic and can shoot and we got him for nothin