1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#2 seed is the most important thing for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HouStu_Rocket, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I do feel that would secure Harden's MVP if we could finish #2 and with that SW Division Title (BY FAR, the toughest division in the NBA).

2. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

The infamous Phil Jackson quote after Game 4 of that series...

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FVca1DOskEw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

IMO 3rd seed is the most important. I don't see Dallas being anything other than 6th seed at the end of the season.

I am literally not scared of them at all. Yeah we swept portland last jear, but I always got worried vs them during the games.

I have not been scared of Dallas at all even when we were choking a lead va them or heck even when they beat us.

4. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

If the playoff started today we are better off starting at the third seed. So we can avoid the thunder or warriors till the western conference finals. I always had a feeling we would play the mavs in the first round

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Fight for the best seeding possible and hope we go in to the playoffs as healthy as possible. Do not want the easiest match up. We want the Rockets focused and thinking its going to be a dogfight. Easiest match up lulls this team, we want them at their best going into the post season, opponent be damned.

We want everyone to be smelling what the Rockets are cooking!

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Way too early to be thinking about playoff matchups. We have a tough schedule from here on out and we need to stay healthy. Getting and staying healthy is indeed more important than seeding.

7. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Agreed rimrocker, we have to stay focused, take it one game at a time, and not look too far in the future.

8. s.b713

s.b713 Member

You simply can't control it man, you want to win as much as you can and everything else will take care of it self. Fack match ups sooner or later you gonna have to beat the good teams if you wanna advance. To me that's just nonsense "hey lets finish finish x position so we can play x team b/c we match up better against them"

9. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I think the rockets should focus on themselves instead of worrying about playoff matchups. If I had to choose, it still is a pick your poison scenario. Everyone may be saying the spurs are the weakest, but I still have them winning it all based on the fact they always keep their basketball in reserve until the months march-June.

1 person likes this.
  10. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

No way they are set to win it all. The thing about the Spurs is that they have ALWAYS played well but just never got recognition and flew under the radar. They are legitimately not looking like a good basketball team this year. Mainly due to age and injuries. Spurs have never won back to back chips either

11. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

It is looking like Dallas might fall to 8th now. Maybe 2nd seed isn't the best thing after all.

12. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Just no Clippers & thunders for the 1st round.

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said in the Dish game thread, I'm starting to hope Mavs win a few more here and there to stay in the bracket where they would meet up with the Rox in the first round. The Mavs are the worse team in playoff picture out West.

14. txn

txn Member

I think Only Dallas is the best for rockets within the bottom 4.
    1. With Durant & Westbrook health, Thunders is scary in the playoff.
    2. Rockets always play bad against Clippers
    3. Spurs - a veteran team, defending champ who will be a completely different team in the post season.

If we can't get the Dallas, I would prefer we face Portland over those 3 teams above.

15. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Best thing said in this thread so far. Look at the games where we play at a high level - Cavs, Hawks, half of the Memphis game. We had great ball movement and great energy. I expect us to beat the hell out of Portland tomorrow night refs and all! Rocket for Life!

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i dont want the spurs or okc so 2nd seed or 4th seed. i hate teh 4/5 matchup since rockets always get it. the spurs had to choose this season to slack off before asb

17. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I agree. I love winning. All I want is for this team to win.

But I would like to avoid OKC in the playoffs.

If we go to the 2nd seed and Dallas drops to the 8th seed...well...let's just say movies are made out of these kinds of scenarios.

18. awc713

awc713 Member

Grizzlies have a very tough schedule left. I could definitely see us moving up.

3/11 @BOS
    3/12 @WAS (back to back)
    3/14 MIL
    3/16 DEN
    3/17 @DET (back to back)
    3/20 @DAL
    3/21 POR

3/23 @NYK
    3/25 CLE
    3/27 GS
    3/29 @SA

3/30 SAC (back to back)
    4/3 OKC
    4/4 WAS (back to back)
    4/8 NOP

4/10 @UTA
    4/11 @LAC (back to back)
    4/14 @GS
    4/15 IND
    (back to back)

19. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

The WC be ridiculously hard regardless of who we play. But if I had to choose, I'm choosing to play the Mavs. They haven't been really good against playoffs teams this year but don't ever undestimate their veteran experience in the playoffs.

20. GAKF

GAKF Member

I really don't understand why so many people want to play Spurs in the first round. Don't ever underestimate the heart of the Champion! Spurs will get at least the fourth seed at the end of the regular season!