1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I'm not sure it's really that much of a decline. He was playing for a team that didnt't get a lot of the media spotlight on it at the time and most importantly, alongside a CB and behind a holding mid that made him look much much better than he actually is.

Now he's at Liverpool and is being found out.

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Out of those UCL winners, only one of those leagues had more than 2 different teams win. The Premier League. That's gotta count for something.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't feel like Bayern will win the CL this year. Of course I hope we do...and we have strung together some impressive wins, 8:0, 6:0, 4:1 the last three Bundesliga matches. But we are too vulnerable against counter attacks because of the way Pep plays. Makes the defenders look bad. We would need incredibly fast defenders against the likes of Ronaldo, Bale, Messi, Neymar and we don't have those (except Boateng).

It works really well against weaker teams because we just suffocate them. But against very strong teams which hold their own, constantly being so far in the opponent's half could backfire.

4. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I would say Barca, Madrid, or maybe Chelsea are the most likely. Barca has been playing better than Madrid but who knows. I would prefer a multi country final unlike the last two years so I kind of want a Chelsea-Barca rematch. What will Chelsea do without Fernando Torres to bail them out?

5. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Coutinho has done it again.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hendo's goal in the first half was amazing as well.
    Coutinho flat out dominated this game, however. Amazing.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Good win today vs City. I heard the commentator say that Anfield is the only place in which City has not won in since the era of their rich ownership. Things could have easily gone the other way since City was missing shot after shot where they would have probably scored in another game.

Have been away from this thread since my hopes for a LFC top 4 were very pessimistic. I don't have any scientific evidence and I admit I didn't follow Balo much before LFC, but dude is just trouble. He's such a talent, but any talent he has seem to be overshadowed by his immaturity and self-absorbed personality. He seems to have no respect for anyone (manager nor player) and IMO in the long run he'll only do damage to any team's chemistry he plays for. Players and managers will grow tired of him quickly. Even with our shorthanded strikers, I would rather see him gone by this summer window.

Anyway, Arsenal looks like they'll win this one vs Everton. I watched a bit of it in the first half and Everton looked sluggish. I wish LFC can trade Balo + 1st round picks for Lukaku. He'd make a great pairing with Sturridge.

Also I still can't get over the fact that Henderson looks like a villain.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well I'm glad I didn't get up at 6 AM to watch tht ****e. ****ing City always give up wretched cracks at Anfield.

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

amazing how much confidence Coutinho has at the moment. Dude is such a threat

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Good job Luis!

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Death nail by Neymar

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

All the top teams won. Race for the top 3rd and 4th spot in the EPL is heating up.

13. The Stig

The Stig Member

United continues to be a very difficult team to watch but they are still grinding out results. I'll take it.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Wasn't aware there was a midweek game. Woke up to learn that my fantasy team won a game.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Good FA Cup game going on

United 1 -1 Arsenal after 30 minutes.

Arsenal took the lead through Nachos and United equalized almost immediately through Wazza

16. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I saw the the end of the Man U game(like the last 30), the reffing was actually pretty good from what I saw, I dont know if Di Maria deserved to be sent off, he really didnt touch hte ref much,but I get it. I really wonder what Man U fans think of LVG tho, I dont know he just seems emotionless after wins and losses lol.

Di Maria will miss the L'Pool game I think, hoping Pool bounces back and that BR drops Studge and gives Mario a chance. ):

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Schalke 1:0 vs Madrid, nice. Perez was such a moron for selling Di Maria and Xabi.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

2:2 at halftime. Schalke scoring the first goal and Madrid equalizing one minute later. Then Schalke with the 2nd goal and Madrid with the 2:2 one minute later. Dumb mistakes on defense costing Schalke, they are playing really great and mostly better than Real, same in their first game a few weeks game.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wtf happened to Real this season? Looking like ****.

20. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Damn 4-3 Schalke.. 1 more pleaseeeeeee