1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Presale single game ticket on sale

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Harden2Dwight, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

HTOWNPRIDE is the code if you follow the astros on twitter. trying to get opening night tickets in the mezzanine sections. good lord the prices high.

2. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Prices are ridiculous.

Commitment also works from their fbook page. I'm thinking about going the 2nd game or 3rd and grabbing some crawford boxes tickets.

3. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

Yeah I went ahead and bought tickets to the 2nd game vs the Indians. 1st row mezzanine tickets for 30 bucks. I remember when mezzanine was like 15 dollars. lol

4. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Yea but that was before we were so good

1 person likes this.
  5. Storm the Field

Supply and Demand.

Even in hopeless years, Opening Day always draws a crowd at or very near to capacity. For a lot of people it may be the only game they go to all season.

6. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

I'll wait and see if there is a good deal on Stubhub for opening night. Although I assume it'll still be high. Other games though, Stubhub is the way to go.

7. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I'll probably just go downtown and hang at a bar, about the end of the 1st inning i'll go to the scalp tent and get something under face value

8. E-Man

E-Man Member

I bought Terrance Deck seat for Opening Day. Good lord $58!!

9. Buck Turgidson

Q

Thankfully there's only 80 other games. Prices will adjust accordingly.

10. Poloshirtbandit

Even in the 2000s when attendance was good I don't remember playing this much for tickets on opening day. Think I'm gonna pass on opening day for this year.

11. Faust

Faust Member

yeah i cant afford those prices even though i usually go to opening day. stros need to keep us normal folks in mind instead of the rich executives if they want our money.

12. awc713

awc713 Member

think i'll pull the old "buy the cheapest seat in the house and move down by the 3rd inning" while i still can.

13. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Sections 112. The rows near the middle to top (but not the very top). Works so well. Bought season tickets this year and will miss sneaking down there.

1 person likes this.
  14. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

At some point soon they are going to price themselves out of business.

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Did this last year and moved down third base line about 15 rows up, got called out by the season ticket holder when he arrived in about the 3rd inning. He was kind of a dick about it so I moved down a row and caught a foul ball about 3 innings later, turned around tipped my cap and gave him the smuggest smile. :grin: It was a good day but Keuchel took the loss against the O's.

1 person likes this.
  16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Just had a call from some sales company in Waco (Baylor project) of some sort. Selling 7 game and single game tickets but with out the surcharges etc.

He said it's on going for a week. Going to look it up.

17. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

I wonder if he is just selling his tickets in bulk? Mine came in the mail yesterday.