1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Talent: Who has less Talent in the Playoffs than us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Apr 29, 2008.

?

Are the Rockets [outside of TMac] the least talented team in the Playoffs?

1. YES! Without T-Mac we wouldn't win 20 games

53 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. YES! but not by that much . . maybe 40 games

30 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. NO!

38 vote(s)
    24.7%
  4. They are equal to some teams in Talent

33 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Are the Rockets the LEAST TALENTED TEAM [outside of T-mac] in the Playoffs?? [East or West]

I am sick and tired of hearing how UNTALENTED the Rockets are
    but
    everyone here seems to think the ROCKETS have NO TALENT
    outside of T-mac

Philadelphia and the Hawks are more talent? The Wizards?
    Phillie and the Hawks are taking it to teams that IMO are more talented than Utah

So . . since everyone wants to throw our plays . . . [not named T-mc] under the bus. ..

What teams have less talent to us in the Playoffs?

Rocket River

2. tracymcgrady001

Atlanta Hawks.

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Well, if by talent you mean pure physicality and natural athletic ability, we would probably only be equal to some teams in the east.

If by how good we are, we are in the middle of the pack.

4. Asian Sensation

Is this a serious question? Nobody. We overachieved no doubt this season. We're overly dependent/ heavily relying on 3 rookies in the playoffs. And we have 2 other players on the roster that are probably going back to the D-league at the end of the year.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man . . . *** talk about everyone DOGS out T-MAC
    but
    It seems like DOGGING OUT THE REST OF THE TEAM is A-OK!!!

Rocket River

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

saying we lack talent doesn't mean people are dogging us. let's be real rocket, outside of tmac, who would you run plays for 2-3 consecutive plays?

i don't think scola warrants that right now. and nobody else on our team does. every other team right now has at least 2-3 players that they can go to for stretches. we only have tmac.

but that's more of a testament to our passion, heart, and will to win. nothing wrong with that.

outside of the sixers (i say they have less talent than us), every team in the playoffs has more playoffs than us from 1-12.

7. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

We're tied for the most D-League players on a roster with the Miami Heat. That says it all.

8. bbjai

bbjai Member

I voted based on the West
    The Nuggets are more talented then us, So are Dallas and et al

we just play better

9. tianlinqiang

tianlinqiang Member

T-mac is a little boy, not a man.

10. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

What does that mean? Take out the best player from every team and see who has more talent?

The Hawks and the Sixers are pushing it...but a lot of Rockets have been playing bad as well. Also, why would you care about talent in the East? We are in the West. We play teams in the West. It is easier to make the playoffs in the East. They might have less talent really, but more talent comparatively than teams in the West.

11. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I wonder how much content on the Bucks' equivalent of clutchfans.net gets lost in translation.

12. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

very insightful.

13. NickStarks

NickStarks Member

*waits for tin to post another 1999er response

14. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I hope you are kidding because Atlanta is a very, very talented athletically. Have you seen Josh Smith, Josh Childress, or Marvin Williams jump? The make the floor look like a trampoline. And add Joe Johnson and Al Horford to that squad and they have plenty of talent. Their biggest problem is they don't have a solid inside game (like most of the league).

As a team, we are very talented because we play team defense and that carries us vary far, but individual talent-wise, we are on the lower end of the scale in these playoffs because with Yao out and the rest of your starters banged-up, we are forced to play guys out of position and that hurts us. Without a doubt, we are the least talented of the West and in the east, maybe Toronto and Philly have less talent than us, but everyone else is much more talented.

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lol ye, people here are underrating atlanta hawks. They have a very athletic team, its just about putting the team together. Atlanta hawk is one of the biggest talent waste in NBA in the regular season, but seems like they're doing better now in the playoffs. As for the nuggets, they are....just talent waste.

16. TmacsRockets

TmacsRockets Rookie

We easily have the least amount of talent in the league of the playoff teams.

17. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I just became a member and I was going to make a similar thread. I think it comes down to us the Hawks and the Sixers. You have to be fair about it, if you take tmac off of our team you have to take the best player off of the other teams.

Take JJ off the Hawks and they still have alot more talent. Take Andre Miller of the Sixers (yes, he's better than Iguodala) and we are about equal. They are much more atheletic but I think our team would have more skill. That doesn't mean we couldn't beat alot of these teams, they just have more talent. I almost thew up watching the Nuggets get swept with all the talent they have. If they played half as hard as the rockets they would be in the finals.

18. rz04

rz04 Member

Josh Smith, Al Hortford, Joe Johnson, Mike Bibby.

2 of those guys were Allstar players, Josh Smith is 2nd in the league in blocks, and Al Hortford is probably going to win rookie of the year.

In terms of pure talent, probably only the 76er's have less.

But you also need to remember our entire team is built around 2 guys, Yao and TMAC, so without one other teams could easily exploit our lack of firepower because everyone else around them are role players, not play makers.

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I wonder if Denver has more talent than the rockets? Geeez. With Yao and T-Mac the rockets have far and away one of the most talented teams in the playoffs. They won 22 games straight games with chemistry and not with the most talented team surrounding the two all-stars. Some of the people on this site just don't get that. Pull Tim Duncan from the Spurs lineup and they don't make the playoffs. It's about chemistry.

20. memo4mvp

memo4mvp Member

Among all 16 teams that made the playoffs this, when you add the talent of each player on the roster ignoring all team chemistry and mental edges, Yao-less Rockets have the least amount of overall individual talent except for Sixers. My major props and respect go to your team for making it a solid series despite talent differential.