1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

aussie rocket back and coming to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aussie rocket, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Wow, the GARM is tough. Welcome back. I road from Perth to Melbourne across the nalabor plain last Oct. Great country, but talk about running out of money? The states are cheap bro!

Enjoy your time in the lone star state!

2. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I thought this was about David Andersen looool

3. AusFan

AusFan Contributing Member

I've always wondered how many Aussies are on here. How about a bit of a roll call in this thread, where you are and how you became a Rockets fan?

I'm in Perth, NBA fan since early '90s. Lived in Houston 2002-2010 so have been a Rockets fan ever since.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Swim meet at noon ( this should draw them out ).

5. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I think there was an Aussie roll call thread a while ago. Can't find it though.

Sydney, via Tasmania. Followed NBA since 92. Saw Rockets - Bulls game on TV - decided I liked Hakeem more than Jordan. Stuck with the Rocks ever since. Religiously. Good times and not-so-good times.

I remember thinking Kelvin Cato was going to be a star for us. And Stromile Swift - Oh my god.

6. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

When do single game tickets go on sale for games in April? Roughly?

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Just talked to my STH rep a few weeks ago. She says they don't even know. She says they will release in segments -- like first 2 months of games, then next and so on. That sounds like they are trying to evaluate the best teams/games as the season progresses for purposes of choosing Diamond/Gold/Silver pricing per game.

I specifically said I want to buy XMas tickets as soon as they come out. She said she won't know for awhile. As in, after the first round of single games.

8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Thanks for the reply hp. I'm guessing the earliest for early April will probably be around December/January then.

A home game against the Suns a few weeks before playoffs isn't likely to sell out on me surely??

9. heypartner

What do you want? Understand most of the stadium is sold out to season ticket-holders already. But after-market is easy to get.

And you can always have my tickets, since I live 1100 miles away from the stadium, so can't always make each game.

10. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

I'm keen to be updated about the single game tickets. I assume the Chicago at home and OKC will sell out late March/April so don't want to miss out on great seats after coming all this way.

11. heypartner

Not sure why people think "Great Seats" are available to single-game sells. Most are sold out to season ticket holders. I think you want to look at the after-market sells if you expect great seats.

What rows are you looking for?

12. dockerland

Yeah I shouldn't have said great seats, anything not up in the bleachers will do. As this looks like being a once in a lifetime type thing (without kids anyway) I was kinda budgeting $1000 for 2 tickets to both games but that can vary depending on what is on offer.

13. heypartner

That's $250/seat/game. That price range is already sold out.

The best seats not sold to season ticket holders below $250 will be the last rows in the lower deck center. But you'd be better off buying from a season ticketholder with better seats. Like row 1-15 center will go for that easy. You shouldn't worry. And if you have a tolerance for risk, the closer to the game date the cheaper the seats will be. You'll basically be buying from a corporation who can't use all their seats that day.

14. dockerland

Cheers for that, have been looking around and there seems to be a few options. Just have to make sure with the sites that sell them that you actually get the tickets electronically as we will be travelling beforehand.

15. heypartner

Sign up for flashseats.com That is the site that the Rockets send all tickets to Season Ticket Holders who want electronic tickets. The exchange happpens immediately to your account. Just make sure you show up to the game with the same credit card that you used to sign up with. They scan the credit card at the gate.

And if problems occur at the gate scanning your card, you just go to the ticket window and show ID.

16. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I was looking at the home game versus Suns, early April

2X tickets

17. heypartner

I assume you want lower bowl center?

18. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Just want best available I guess? Hadn't really thought specifics. Obviously if that were possible it would be amazing.

19. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I bought tickets from Stubhub, and another site like Stubhub.

I'm from Sydney and came for 9 games in 2011... Unfortunately unlike you - I came when the team was in the mediocrity treadmill and not contending for a Championship.

Seats directly behind the broadcast bench were $275.

You can find great seats on Stubhub etc - but be well aware in advance these are from people who are looking to make a hell of a lot of money.

I was able to get a seat baseline courtside and took another Clutchfans member (as they don't generally sell good seats less than 2) to see the Superfriends.

A couple of other games I was able to get 2 tickets to the row behind the Rockets' bench, and another to the row behind the Visitors' bench.

We won't go into details about the price...

But it's very reliable - from my experience anyway. I ordered them about a month before I jetted over and the games were on. They were delivered on time no problems.

It's definitely not a fraudulent business if that's what you're worried about.