1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 10, 2015.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'll be at the game tomorrow night. $14 for a seat in the 9th row, can''t beat that

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Worst atmosphere of any professionally sporting event I've ever been to in my life. I felt like I was at a high school football game.

Plus we lost

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Went to my first game Saturday night. It was meh. The other team (Vancouver) was better but because of sloppy goalie play, the Dynamo were up 1-0 at the break. More important were two yellow cards against the visitors.

Early in the 2nd half, the same guys got carded again and were ejected. The game was basically over. With a 2-man advantage, it took the Dynamo 30 mins to finally go up 2-0. It was incredibly boring.

Probably won't go back soon

4. Beavis Stiffler

It was ugly but still a win is a win and they really needed that to stay in the playoff hunt.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Yeah, that was a good win. Vancouver was playing incredibly stupid the entire game. Extremely reckless and out of control

Still have a decent shot at the playoffs, just gotta keep winning

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

EVERY GAME HAS TO BE WON.

Why do people say stuff like "We have to win this one and the next"? You have to win all. :eek:

7. tomato

tomato Member

I laugh during series when it starts "winning game 1 is crucial" and then "going up 2-0/tying the series at 1 is crucial" and so on with every single game for both teams

8. Beavis Stiffler

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

3rd most valuable franchise in the league and they still say they can't afford big time signings....

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Alll they got to do is put their savings into one player signing.....:(

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

need to do a game before the season is over

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Doesn't make sense. Other than attendance, why would Seattle (who doesn't have their own stadium) be the most valuable?

Still, to see Houston 3rd is infuriating when you consider the lack of spending on the field.

13. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

A lot of the Sounders ownership overlaps with the Seahawks so I don't think they pay rent on the stadium. And last year their attendance was almost twice as high as the second highest team. Since the Sounders are insanely popular there they're able to get big money from sponsors and TV rights.

As annoying as the franchise and their fans are you can't argue with their success.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Another dud this past Saturday...losing 1-3 to RSL at home. This team just isn't very good. I'm not sure what input Coyle has into the players but it doesn't seem like there are many on this roster that fit what he's trying to do.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

yep, I'm still really not even sure what he is trying to do. He really isn't giving Cubo any kind of chance out there either, which is odd considering they are essentially playing for nothing now. I have no clue why he keeps keeping Boniek as an energy guy off the bench when there are so many garbage starters on the team (he could be put on the wing, centrally, or even at right back....he can't be worse than what they have out there). Defense need 2-3 new starters

this season is definitely done

I think going into next season, you gotta sell "high" on Bruin and get him the **** outta here.

I like this formation up front going into next season (although it doesn't seem like Coyle has any intention of playing these guys together)

Cubo

Davis --- Barnes --- Boniek

I hate everything else except for Beasley other than that.

Rico has found himself in some incredibly lucky poaching situations all season which is why his goal total is unusually high, but he has got to be done as an every day player. He is 2 steps late to everything and always playing catchup. The rest of the central midfielders are also utter crap.

Raul could be kept around to fill in the rest of the starting defense with Beasley, but like I said, they need at least 2 new guys. Horst actually played a lot better this year but I would still rather have him off the bench. Williams was embarrassed all over the field on Saturday and his one trick throwing gimmick is not worth keeping him on the field

16. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ulhZ-tNHZ8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FYuhC-zsubg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xsTH2DI5qKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Too bad Columbus couldn't take down Portland last night. Still 3 points back of the Timbers and they've played one game less than the Dynamo. Hope the team is rounding into form heading down the stretch with 3 games left!!

19. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I have to give a lot of credit to the Dynamo for not giving up on what looked like a bad season. Still can get in if they finish well.

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

We're still in the hunt! :cool: Just make it over the hump and ride down! Three more games. FINISH STRONG!

¡¡¡DA-LE, DA-LE, DA-LE, DY-NA-MO... DA-LEEEEEEEEE... DY-NA-MOoOOOoOOOo!!!