1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Q%#^*(&@#*&% TIVO !!!! :(

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Nero

Nero Member

Just hadda get this off my chest.

I LOVE Tivo. I really do.

But they really need to get their freaking act together when it comes to sporting events. Giving it an arbitrary scheduled time of only 2:30 for an NBA game these days is just NOT going to cut it, especially if a game should go into overtime.

And it wouldn't be so bad, except for DirecTV's poor habit of occasionally not allowing you to shedule the following programs after the game for recording, as it, for some reason, wants to consider them 'pay-per-view', when they are on those stinking 'alternate channels'. GRRR

So, I missed the last three minutes of reg, plus overtime, of last night's game, because I was not there to babysit the stupid Tivo!!

GRRRR

Same thing WOULD have happened in the famous TMAC game against San Antonio, but I was actually there to babysit it that time.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else was having trouble with Tivo, and had figured out how to actually get the whole game when it won't let you record the following program..

2. NBAHOU713

NBAHOU713 Contributing Member

Go to options and have it extend the recording time. I do this all the time. I used to hate that, but once I figured it out, it was coo

3. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Yeah, I have it set to automatically record an extra 30 min for each game. Not quite enough for some overtime games, but it helps.

4. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

^yep this is what I do, but forgot yesterday for ESPN... I was already watching on FSN though...