1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rox:Heat] The last 18 seconds

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DXtreme, Nov 13, 2012.

1. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

I saw the game from a Houston stand point, this video is the last 18 sec that's recorded from Miami's announcers.

To sum up the last few possessions:
    1. heat:111 rox:110
    2. Lin missed a 3
    3. Wade missed 2 FT's
    4. Bosh with a big O.R.
    5. Bosh made the first FT, Lin taken out for Rebounds.
    6. Bosh made the second FT, timeout called, forgot to put Lin back in.
    7. Sampson call another timeout to put Lin back leaving the Rox with 0 timeouts left(meaning you have to take a 3)
    8. A play was drawn out, Lin was given the orders.(I don't know what the play was but Sampson gave Lin a last execute)
    9. Harden missed the 3

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnckkL_KWSk?version=3&amp;hl=zh_TW"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnckkL_KWSk?version=3&amp;hl=zh_TW" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Personally what I think about the game is we would have won it if:
    one less TO or
    one more layup or
    one more rebound or
    one more 3....

The last 18 sec just didn't go well for us, as a team, including the coaching staff. All of em, but we're on a good road, happy for the Rox performance.

Side note: I hade a different kind a felling watching and hearing from the Heat announcers, a good feeling, don't know why but it's just me.

3 people like this.
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This is fitting for every tied game or clutch situation with teams being down less than three points. In hindsight every 2 point loss goes down to one failed fg attempt, missed rebound or this and that.

3. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

My guess on the last play:

I think Parsons was supposed to take the last shot.
    Parsons inbound (immediately ran to the other side) -> Harden pass to Lin -> Lin pass to Parsons

However Harden held the ball till the end and took the contested 3...

4. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

edited

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yep, could clearly see the screen for Parsons for the corner 3. Lin wanted the ball and would've dished it to Parsons. Don't know what thell Harden was thinking.

6. instar

instar Member

can't believe that heat's announcers are actually better rox's. the voice is very annoying tho.

7. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Coach even called their last timeout to put Lin in...And he was complete ignored...

8. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Yeah exactly, everyone was expecting a blowout by the heat, but in fact we played good in this game, except the last clutch moments. I'm not comforting myself by saying this is good progress because moral victories don't count, the coaching staff have to learn from mistakes, and the players too. It's just too bad we didn't get the win.

9. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Weird if true. Were the guys not getting free, or did Harden just have a brain fart?

10. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Actually if you watched the video, Lin was calling for the ball with 5-4-3 sec left, and a screen was set ,so I think the play was for Parsons.

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Thanks for the vid.

Repped

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Check the video starting at 4:30min. Pat sets the screen for Parsons, who proceeds to run to the corner. Doesn't get really open, so Harden decides to not pass it to Lin(who would've dished to Parsons).

Now there's the second screen Pat sets for Delfino. Delfino gets tied up by his defender but would have an open lane if he runs baseline to the corner for a three. But somehow Delfino tries to go through the other side of the screen, where Pat's defender easily blocks his movement.

Harden then realizes no guy is open for the 3pt and decides to shoot himself.

Feel like the screen for Parsons was okay but maybe they should've made it a double screen, the single screen by Pat wasn't enough to block Parson's defender, resulting in no open look. Delfino has to be blamed for not trying to to go through the screen baseline, think that would've been the far better option.

3 people like this.
  13. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Thanks for this!

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Parson's would have missed the last shot I know how he is under pressure for the win. If we would have down by three he might hit the three to tie.

15. chapinha_br

chapinha_br Member

The question is: Why didn't Delfino take that shot?

16. Swaggerific

Swaggerific Member

I feel like we could have won the game had we boxed out Bosh and go for an easier 2-pointer the other way

17. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Or it could be after Lin got the ball, he drew a double team then passed to Parsons or Delfino. Harden could at least do the same thing, drawing a double team and then passed to a open guy. Just not a contested 3 especially when Lebron is on you...

18. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

The play is was drawn out for a 3, that could be anyone but seeing how the offence was set up, it was supposed to be Lin initiating.

I saw at the end Harden wanted to initiate the offence himself, but Lebron was guarding him, it's tough pass from his angle( as the play was drawn out). It was from Lin's angle to pass, but Harden kinda just ignored the whole play.
    But anyways, people make mistakes, young team, they'll learn. ego-free

But Harden man, seriously, I love ya, but you ain't no PG.
    And Lin man, be aggressive, you ain't no SG.

19. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Thanks for posting the vid. Now I don't have to try figuring out how to fast forward to the end on league pass.

And Kelvin Sampson said post-game that he should have put Asik in for the rebound.

A few things here and there, but Lin's airball sticks out like a sore thumb.

A heartbreaking loss, but an exciting game.

20. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

i dunno i watched it over and over and it seems 2 me that harden wasn't gonna pass whatsoever...hero ball once again. this is what makes our offense so predicatable. even lebron knew who was gonna shoot it.