1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Smell The Glove

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gene the PIG, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

Yes, it's time ...

Time for another useless thread about "The Glove," Gary Payton.

Make the trade, CD. :(

You don't want it, & I don't want it either ... but with "The White Clyde Drexler" out with a bad back, for God knows how long ... it's time to bring him aboard.

SMELL THE GLOVE

[​IMG]

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Ummmmmm

NO

3. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

You get points for the Tap reference.

but it would have been funnier if you hadn't made it so obvious with the picture.

no assets to trade for him.

4. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

5. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

Man, we can give them our next 5 first round picks. We have no use for first round picks 'round here.

6. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

dude, glove is old and cant do anything well anymore, im not givin up anything of consequence to pick him up. Plus he's a headcase......

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

the glove is looking more and more like a moth eaten wool glove then anything else....he's got so many holes it's unbelievable...he was getting burned by anyone with 2 legs...im pretty sure a person on one leg could have hopped past him.

8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

big bottoms,
    big bottoms,
    everybody wants one my girls gottem

big bottoms drive me out of my mind!
    how can I leave this behind?

9. MONON

MONON Member

We don't need the glove, because he doesn't know how to be a role player.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

No thanks.....I'll pass on that one everyday of the year.

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

The Glove has just become another disgruntled player, he needs the spotlight. His D went down the drain, and he is just a distraction.

However, CD, call Lucious Harris Now!! Learn from Pike/A. Griffin and pickup another body incase Sura doesn't pan out.

12. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

If the glove don't fit...you must acquit!!!

13. walterw

walterw Member

The glove will not fit for sure, so Rockets should not buy it.

14. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

If there is anyone I would want from the Celtics to help fill the void left by Sura's injury, would be Jiri Welsch. I young combo-guard who can hit the three. He can play a little SF also. If, or when Sura gets back 100%, that would deepen our bench that much more.

15. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Lucious Harris is an interesting proto-guard (G). Decent shot off the bench. I like his game for that. Payton would have to be UPFRONT with his intentions. He and JVG would have to be on the same page on what his role would be. Also, he can't be a long term deal. But rather a veteran point guard that can come off the bench; mentor.

Jiri Welsch is also an interesting prospect. I wish we could pick up Michael Redd. He's one of my favorite shooters (outside and mid-range).

Our "Pike" replacement needs to be able to HIT that shot! Purdy please? Just wish we could find our "Bullard."

16. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

17. Center

Center Contributing Member

Talk about mud flaps

My girls' gotem'

18. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

19. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I personally think that a Ward/Lue combination is fine at the point guard spot. Last season, we got about 16 points and 8 assists from the PG position (Mark Jackson really racked up the assists in his limited time - I used his numbers instead of Moochies, since they were better) I think the scoring will go down with the increase at the 2, and the combination of Ward and Lue should be able to easily get the 8 assists, probably with fewer than 4.37 turnovers per game. In fact, barring a serious degradation in their abilities from last season, they should be able to provide about 17 points and 8 assists with 3.2 turnovers per game (based upon what Lue did with Orlando and Ward did with New York). With their superior shooting percentages, there is statistically no significant dropoff from what we were getting from All-star Steve Francis. With the upgrade at Shooting Guard and Power Forward, I don't see a need for more than a smarter version of the status quo at the point, less some fancy dribbling.

20. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

Scott Padgett anyone?;)