1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rox playoffs or Laker Tank??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fatty FatBastard, Apr 9, 2003.

?

Which would you prefer?

1. Rockets make the Playoffs

24 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. Lakers get whooped in the first round

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. Fatty FatBastard

Curious what the people here would prefer? Would you prefer to see the Rox get into the playoffs, or see the Laker's get beaten in the first round.

Not much else to this post, but I can say I'm torn given these options. I would love to see the Rocket's in the playoff's. Hell, just to see if we can get some of the playoff mojo working again. But seriously, we have less chance than the Timberpups back in '97.

I would also love to see the look on Phil Jackson's smug face having to explain how they would be the first Champ to bow out in the first round since the '82 '76er's.

Curious what y'all think.

2. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

how about both?

3. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Neither.

ROX kicked out of playoff and Laker out at WCF.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The playoffs are a whole new season. Anything can happen. We split with the Kings and Lakers in the regular season and were 1-3 against San Antonio. The realist in me sayy out in 5, but the fan says Championship baby.

5. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

Er. Considering I'm both a Lakers fan and a Houston fan, I'd much rather see Rockets make the playoffs.

6. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Call me odd but I much rather watch the lakers beat the mavs than the mavs beat the lakers and see cuban go crazy..not that the lakers have to worry about the mavs.laker sweep
    im assuming the spurs take over the 1 spot

7. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Wow. It's really sad when some Rockets "fans" would rather us not make the playoffs, if it means seeing the Lakers fold in the playoffs.

Go become a Kings fan or something, if you your love for the Rockets is outweighed by the hatred for the Lakers.

:rolleyes:

8. Fatty FatBastard

kidrock8: it's not about that. The Rocket's are the future, just not this year.

And anyone who thinks the Rox have a chance of winning it all this year is laughable.

and isn't that what the playoffs are all about?

9. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

Actually, the last Champs eleminated from round 1 were the Spurs three years ago when they lost to the Suns.

Ya i know...BIG DEAL! ;)

10. T-man

T-man Member

This poll is ridiculous. This is a Rocket fan site and anyone who would rather see the Lakers lose than the Rockets make it is obviously not a Rocket fan. What is more disturbing is that the vote is only 16-6 on a Rocket fan site. What six people on here that claim to be a Rocket fan would prefer to sacrifice our season to see the Lakers fail? I would prefer that the Laker's win it all and we at least had a shot at it than the other way around. At least we would gain some valuable playoff experience that way. And to Fatty who started this, if it is that hard a choice for you, then you are not really a true Rocket fan. And grow some balls and post what you really mean. Don't try to put it off on some should I hate the Rocket/Laker poll. You are basically saying you would rather see the Lakers lose early than the Rocket's even have a shot. Otherwise you would not have even posted this stupid poll to make yourself feel better about what you were thinking before you gave your own opinion.