1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe Cocker Dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, Dec 22, 2014.

Tags:
  1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A great voice and one of the most distinctive performers.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/POaaw_x7gvQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:(

Que En Paz Descanse.

Love LIFT HIM UP where he belonged with a little help from his friends. :eek:

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

70 is a ripe old age for a guy who lived as hard as he did, being in the rock scene in the late 60s and 70's.

RIP, old boy.

5. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

RIP

I only really knew of him as the guy that sang the Wonder Years theme but I really liked his version of that song the best.

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

god damn. Mad Dogs and Englishmen is probably my favorite album of all time.

RIP, Joe. one of a kind

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Dang that sucks! Three days before x-mas, too. RIP

I will never forget his Woodstock performance. That was one of those times where I was blown away at how into it he seemed to be. But, he was also higher than a kite, too.

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X2y7woasr_s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

both legends dead. sad.

<object width="410" height="341" id="veohFlashPlayer" name="veohFlashPlayer"><param name="movie" value="http://www.veoh.com/swf/webplayer/WebPlayer.swf?version=AFrontend.5.7.0.1478&permalinkId=v16039034KRFprghT&player=videodetailsembedded&videoAutoPlay=0&id=anonymous"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.veoh.com/swf/webplayer/WebPlayer.swf?version=AFrontend.5.7.0.1478&permalinkId=v16039034KRFprghT&player=videodetailsembedded&videoAutoPlay=0&id=anonymous" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="410" height="341" id="veohFlashPlayerEmbed" name="veohFlashPlayerEmbed"></embed></object><br /><font size="1">Watch <a href="http://www.veoh.com/watch/v16039034KRFprghT">John Belushi - With A Little Help From My Friend</a> in <a href="http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/comedy">Comedy</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;View More <a href="http://www.veoh.com">Free Videos Online at Veoh.com</a></font>

1 person likes this.
  10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Great singer and character. Sad to see another sixties hero pass.

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Close your eyes....and enjoy!!...:cool:

<iframe width="1280" height="750" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wlDmslyGmGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Que En Paz Descanse.

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Here's the bo'fem

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aZsOyO_lXD8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But he wasn't a joke or a relic, his 2012 album is pretty great; the title cut is really, really inspiring and a good one to pull out when you need a kick in the butt.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Vyjb5CmLRew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And the whole concert if you wanna chromecast it tonight ( a really good concert production)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1Lwg0ZlPTJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#12 Dubious, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  13. Buck Turgidson

Belushi aside, that's Joe's best jam.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

How very sad. I saw Joe numerous times and he never disappointed me, either with the Grease Band in the late '60's, touring with Leon Russell and the rest of the Mad Dogs and Englishmen group at the turn of the decade, or his later incarnations. Truly a unique performer. He'll be missed.

1 person likes this.
  15. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Man what a unique voice and such a great interpreter of songs.
    Made this song his:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jOotsq4soug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Gutted. RIP Joe.

17. Surfguy

What do you think the chances are that Belushi and Cocker did blow together...at some point but probably even after (or before? lol) that SNL performance? I'll go with 98%.

It's interesting they said he died from lung cancer. Was he a big smoker back in the day? Or, a regular smoker? Albeit, people get it for various reasons aside from smoking.

18. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

RIP... This thread should have more views.

19. Surfguy

I guess he was a habitual, lifelong smoker. He was quoted (in October, 2000) as saying he once smoked "40 a day" but he cut back.

He won an Oscar for that movie song and a Grammy. However, he is not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I find that just insane.

I cranked up his music last night to pay tribute. I couldn't hold back on the tears. One of the greatest voices in rock n roll of all time. He will be missed.

20. dragician

dragician Member

I'm a big fan.

RIP Joe.