1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Atlantic] Americans Love Big Hot Suburbs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by s land balla, Mar 26, 2015.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this was my 3rd year at SXSW, and each time I've been stunned by the change from the previous year. the downtown core is truly walkable, although i wonder where people who live there buy their groceries.

also, development seems heavily slanted towards hotels, and i wonder what their occupancy rates are when there's not an event in town (one of my pedicab drivers suggested 85%, but i'm not convinced she's an expert).

now, if they could just move I35, or bury it, the east and west sides could integrate...

2. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Lol what is this from? Is this the Modern Family mom or Cheryl Hines?

3. SuraGotMadHops

It's Cheryl Hines, clip from the show "Suburgatory." She looks great for her age.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

High five to Bobby Kennedy Jr, especially after his crazy ex offed herself.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Luckily the other half are still named Crockett or Lee, like my first and last schools.