1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[movie ]Scarface remake

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Mar 26, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/19/entertainment/feat-scarface-remake-thr/
    (The Hollywood Reporter)Say hello to my little friend -- again.

Universal is moving forward with its "Scarface" remake and has tapped "Straight Outta Compton" writer Jonathan Herman to do the rewrite.

'Scarface' Star: Martin Scorsese Warned Me Hollywood Would Hate It

Paul Attanasio and David Ayer wrote previous drafts of the film, which will be a new and original take on the immigrant story, which spawned films in 1932 and 1983.

The 1983 version, which was released by Universal, tells the story of Cuban refugee Tony Montana (Al Pacino) who arrives in 1980s Miami with nothing and rises up to become a powerful drug kingpin. That film made the expression "Say hello to my little friend" one of the most iconic lines in cinema.

The new film will be set in Los Angeles and explore an immigrant's rise in the criminal underworld.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It'd be cool if the entire world just banned together and collectively agreed to ignore this movie completely. Its website would have 0 hits. No tickets sold. No YouTube clicks. No Re-Tweets. Nothing.

3. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

That'd be great.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I hate the idea they are remaking this film. Can anyone really match Al Pacino's performance in this role? Who are they going to get...Justin Timberlake or Ben Affleck?

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Standard Gabriel or something.