1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jeremy Lin after the Nuggets game (still has a bloody nose)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0fHJCLEdV7w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. nono

nono Member

How can a guy shoot so well at free throws and then even miss the rim on his three pointers? Baffling really. Maybe his legs are gone since that meniscus surgery. It seems like he has really lost a step.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Fwiw, I tweeted around 9:40pm, I'd say a good 20 mins after the game, I usually wait after the game is over, then went to the Team Shop, while walking to my car, a few people were looking at the practice court on the LaBranch side, Parsons was shooting 3s on the east end of the court, Lin came in a few mins afterwards and started to shoot 3s on the west end of the court.

Say what you want, but those are dedicated guys.

2 people like this.
  4. kinein

kinein Member

class act -

5. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

On that one shot that went wide left, I could have sworn it was tipped by the defender.

6. kinein

kinein Member

He isn't a steve novak shooter. You'll understand if you review his scoring videos from earlier in the season or last season.

The guy didn't have a shot attempt til mid/end of 2nd quarter. Just like LAST game. Coaching isn't letting him shoot or they are too busy workin on installing their new Harden schemes - Growing pains.

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

How did he get the bloody nose again? Who hit him?

8. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Also, a majority of his points from his Linsanity time in NY came from penetrating the lane for some good layups. Those are high probability shots that he's more accustomed to hunt for prior to coming to houston. Here, he's only positioned for outside shots. McFail needs to recognize and utilize talents

9. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I really like Jeremy as a person. He's a good baller. I think he'll pull it together offensively.

10. kinein

kinein Member

Plus I think Lin's strength in ISO is being ignored entirely.

11. kinein

kinein Member

I think so too, he did have a bad shooting night but - it was going to happen the way they've removed him from being a large part of making it happen. Someone needs to be in his ear inspiring him to be as great as he can be. He can't get 1 shot in the 1st half - towards the end of the 2nd quarter. This isn't normal.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, one thing is for sure, George Karl is running the same offense we are, at least in this game.

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

Part of the thing is that teams are going to make it harder for him to get into the lane because they no he can score like that. They will also force him to pass because they know that outside of him & Harden nobody else is really an offensive threat. In NY he could attack a lot because he was surrounded by talent to keep the defense honest. In Houston that superstar talent isn't there yet.

14. stefanb

stefanb Member

True, but you have to remember, in New York, Lin had Carmelo Anthony and Amare to take the pressure and focus off of him. In Houston, we don't have offensive threats like those two so he's going to be guarded ten times harder than he was in NY.

15. jbasket

jbasket Member

He got fouled for like three seconds straight getting hit in the head near the end of the game. It was rediculous, and if he wasn't bleeding, they ref might not have called it. Just terrible.

16. stefanb

stefanb Member

Wow, I didn't even realize that you said the same exact thing I said before me. Oops. Well it doesn't hurt to say it twice. Some of these people don't understand basketball, especially the NBA, so we have to pound it into their heads. I agree with what you're saying roxxy. Lin won't have the same numbers as he did in NY unless we get another really good scorer to ease the pressure on not only him, but Harden as well.

17. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

lol, if he keeps shooting airballs, i wouldn't let him shoot either.

18. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

What are you talking about? Lin played much better without Carmelo and Amare.

19. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

one thing I miss from him is the lob pass to the center for the dunk which is so inspiring. never happened once in here. pity.

20. King Boo

King Boo Member

He played better without that superstar talent. The other scoring threats during Linsanity were mainly Tyson and Novak.

It has to be one of 2 things, his knee or his coaching. Lin was regularly dealing with double teams and being the primary offensive threat during Linsanity.