1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

'Revenge p*rn' should be a crime

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Aug 30, 2013.

?

Should the Posting of pictures of people without their permission be illegal?

1. YES! Violation of Privacy

57 vote(s)
    67.1%
  2. No! Esp if they gave you permission to take the picture.

25 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. OTHER - Explain

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/29/opinion/citron-revenge-p*rn/index.html

<object width="416" height="234" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep_876"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_embed_2x_container.swf?site=cnn&profile=desktop&context=embed&videoId=world/2013/06/03/idesk-intv-revenge-p*rn-victim.cnn&contentId=world/2013/06/03/idesk-intv-revenge-p*rn-victim.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_embed_2x_container.swf?site=cnn&profile=desktop&context=embed&videoId=world/2013/06/03/idesk-intv-revenge-p*rn-victim.cnn&contentId=world/2013/06/03/idesk-intv-revenge-p*rn-victim.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="234"></embed></object>

What do you think of this?

Rocket River

2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I need those pics to help me make a decision

3. dragician

dragician Member

I support this.... we need laws to protect men like me who are likely to be used by women to satisfy them sexually.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wonder how this would work for sites like PEOPLEOFWALMART.com
    While it is no p*rn . . . people are posting pictures taken of people . . . without their consent . . . . and then posting them up for ridicule.

Rocket River

5. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Don't let someone take naked pictures of you if you don't want them on the internet. Zero sympathy, although her ex is clearly a creep. Posting her contact info is another animal. I think that is harrassment.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Interesting point. And the creep shots taken with key chain cameras. All this #### is out of control.

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Posting any body's picture on the Internet without their consent should be illegal. It's an invasion of privacy and can have irreparable damages.

Exhibit A: the b**** who tweeted about two guys making a dongle joke at a tech conference led to two people losing their jobs and probably being on a blacklist.

8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

People are such a drag.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

I feel bad for rafis girlfriend.

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Actually, the WOMAN who posted the picture got fired.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-offensive-jokes-men-made-at-tech-conference/

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I think pictures in the public domain should be under different rules than pictures in private.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So the second you step outside of your home . . . .
    you are public domain?

Rocket River

13. juicystream

You take a picture of your family at the park, and another kid ends up in the picture. Do you now need to get his parent's permission or photoshop him out before posting it to Facebook?

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yes it should be illegal, but enforcement would be difficult because websites can locate offshore and they can make the uploaders' identity hard to prove. So, make the law but don't expect it to keep people safe. I don't see how posting contact info along with a naked picture is not construed as harassment though -- the intent and likely result is obvious enough.

But, regardless of the law, given the state of technology and human sinfulness, people should have their pictures taken on the assumption that it will be public. There are so many foolish girls who trust people who should not be trusted.

15. juicystream

Not necessarily just your home. Any place you should expect privacy. There are laws concerning what is considered a public area.

16. bongman

bongman Member

Doesn't that become subjective? Please correct me if I am wrong, but according to US law, any place where the public is allowed to go in an out (e.g walmart, malls, etc) is considered a public domain and you can take pictures. Obviously, you can't take pics in the restroom.

Unless, walmart posts a sign that states no pictures allowed (within their rights), then you have to abide by their rules.

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

When you're in public, don't you lose a certain aspect or expectancy of privacy?

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Posting someone's nude picture without his/her permission on the Internet should be outlawed. The first amendment argument is absurd in that context.

However, stuff like posting a picture of a random person shopping in Walmart is ... not so cut and dry IMHO. One one hand, many of us don't like being tagged like that and we have right of privacy, but on the other hand, Walmart is a public place, by shopping there, there is a kinda this assumption that someone will do crazy shiat like that. How about the whole tabloid business?

19. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

If you let me take naked photos of you, I own them unless otherwise stated in a contract. If I want to use them on my website, I can. The lesson here is to not take naked photos.

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, but he is describing a very different concern though. Seems like PEOPLEOFWALMART.com is a site for poking fun out of random people shopping in Walmart. Why should a site like be allowed and sort of "profit" off at the expense in the pictures they post.