1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It Begins: Pedophiles call for same rights as Homosexuals

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IzakDavid13, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

This is literally one of the most horrible opinions I have ever heard in my life, and I live in a profusely anti-gay region.

2. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Don't go running and crying to IzakDavid13 when you get cornered in a dark alley by a gay man and end up married to him...

1 person likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In principle I agree with you but I have yet to see any serious efforts by any politician or political group to do so. I am on record for saying that I believe that marriage should be handled by contract law or that all state sanctioned marriages (gay or straight) should be called 'civil unions', that said I don't see the will to do so and as other posters pointed out that would be wildly unpopular.

The institution of state sanctioned marriages exist and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. As such it needs to be applied equally.

Actually in some ways it does work like insurance. If more and more people participate in an institution more attention and interest society wise is paid to that institution. If more people can get married there is going to be more emphasis on improving the state of marriage at the government and cultural level.

4. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

There is a cultural revulsion towards polygamy in out society but there isn't an institution set up for it. There is a legal and social infrastructure built up around 2 person marriage that doesn't take much change to include same sex marriages. As far as state laws are concerned it really is just changing a few words on the marriage regulations. Including more than two though raises all sorts of problems not just with taxes but also with custody, property, immigration and etc..

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Are they talking about children, or are they talking about people under 18, but over the age of concent? If its the latter, they have a point, but if its the former, its criminal. They can't make the sexual right of pedophiles protected if the people they're sexually attracted to cannot concent. Doesn't make any sense.

6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

That's because no one is actually protecting the right of pedophiles to have sex with children.

7. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I was asking about this part of the article you twit. Go troll somebody else.

Seems to me that they're trying to say that they have the right to sex with children, or to look at child p*rn...

8. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Thank you sir.

My work here is done.

9. supdudes

supdudes Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6F9pZKkcsS0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  10. Apps

Apps Member

-- Everyone since always.

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Making a strong late push for TOTY

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

think some people missed this part lol

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Sensitive are we.

No it isn't.
    [rquoter]“the right to engage in sexual acts or activities of any kind whatsoever, providing they do not involve nonconsensual acts[/rquoter]

Minors by definition cannot consent. That is why we don't let minors do things like enter contracts or play sports without parents or guardians signing consent forms. That they also say "no-one should be disadvantaged by age" is overruled by the fact that overriding laws regarding consent are in place.

14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Regarding child p*rn the argument put forward was that it could be used to prevent pedophiles from having sex with children.
    [rquoter]Milton Diamond, a University of Hawaii professor and director of the Pacific Center for Sex and Society, stated that child p*rnography could be beneficial to society because, “Potential sex offenders use child p*rnography as a substitute for sex against children.”
    [/rquoter]

So again no one is actually protecting the right to have sex with children.

For the record I don't agree with what Diamond is proposing because even if child p*rn could prevent pedophiles from having sex with children children are still exploited (cannot give consent) to make p*rn.

15. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you concerning the image of poly families. Indeed it is the opinion I held for a long time. However, I will state that I have had professional exposure to a number of poly families and it isn't an accurate portrayal of what most poly families are.

First, it isn't usually a husband and multiple wives. Many times it is a single woman with 2 husbands or lesbian family with 3 members.

It is more common in the african american community, especially amongst lesbians and happens quite a bit in upper middle middle class homes.... but is not discussed and often kept private.

16. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Yep. It doesn't really make any sense..