1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jake Tapper is a badass

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rhadamanthus, Feb 23, 2012.

1. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

My respect for this man just ballooned.

American hypocrisy called out. Love it.

#1 rhadamanthus, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  2. Classic

Classic Member

step aside Chuck Norris...

now the real question, would Bill O'Reilly consider him a pinhead or patriot?

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Need more people like him.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's the kinds of questions that need to be brought up time and time again at every white house press conference.

5. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

much respect for Jake Tapper

6. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Most reporters are just Obama whores, but Tapper hates everybody.

7. rhadamanthus

Nice to have you back, gwayneco. The D&D had lost that "bitter old b*stard" edge. :grin:

8. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Nice.

Where was this guy during the Bush Administration? We could have used him there too.

1 person likes this.
  9. esteban

esteban Member

So that means you lefties agree that little Barry and big Barry are full of shiit?

Esteban faints, he must be in the wrong forum.

BTW_ The worst job in the world has got to be Barry's press secretary.If you look in Jay Carney's medicine cabinet, you will find a stash of Valium and Oxycontin.

10. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

11. uolj

uolj Member

Except that Carney's explanation does seem to follow logically. It's not hypocrisy.

That doesn't mean you can't be against the policy. But "wrong" and "hypocritical" are two different things.

12. rhadamanthus

Disagree, and so would James Risen, to name a high profile example.

Fawning over reporters aggressively reporting on wrongdoing in regimes we don't like while prosecuting them for the same thing here is.... hypocritical.

13. uolj

uolj Member

I'm not sure I understand what this means.

It sounds like you're saying you disagree with what I said, but aren't telling me why other than to give me the name of a reporter. But as far as I can tell the circumstances of that case don't contradict the point I was making.

And then there was the apparent non-sequitur about people being hypocritical for having different reactions based on the person/party in power. Who is that referring to and does it relate to my quoted post?

I mean, if you stand by your "hypocritical" comment that's fine, but can you at least give reasons? Would you prefer me to give mine?

14. rhadamanthus

I thought I did.

I guess so, as I don't understand your point yet. Sorry about that.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

this is a stupid thread. some people think its cool not to be down with obama and won't accept that he's been successful so far.

anyway on tapper though, he's hilarious. he was hosting abc's sunday morning talk show and they were talking about rick perry and gwb. he said gwb and perry were alike accept perry's texas swagger was real

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't think it has so much to do with people being unhappy at Obama's success but at his administration's crackdown on whistleblowers.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

its a complicated legal issue. no one has proven that warrantless wire tapps on citizens have continued. on prosecutions, it really is a state secrets issue. the government is going to protect its right to classified information.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

But the whole state secret issue is so often bogus. Most of the time it doesn't have to do with security risk issues but things that are illegal or make a government look bad such as is the case with the CIA whistleblower. In most areas I want Obama to be successful, but I'm going to give him a free pass on this.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i think "you're not" going to give a free pass. that's fine, i understand this is one of the issues obama ran on. its just when you're in the white house now you're on the other side of the issue.

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Self-reflection and self-criticism is a necessary and healthy exercise for individuals, parties and nations. That's why the framers sanctified free speech.

I think everything everyone and every nation does should be 100% transparent.
    If you can't justify your actions you're probably wrong. If you can't live with the consequences you probably shouldn't be doing it.

(except my predilection for monkey p*rn of course)