1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/family-of-trayvon-martin-_n_1332756.html

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  2. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

If this was a white kid shot walking through a black neighborhood, there would be an armed mob ready to arrest the shooter. There are few things on this planet that piss me off... blatant community racism and double standards combined is one of those things.

With that being said, this article seems one-sided and doesn't portray the other side of the story. It seems somewhat ridiculous that the shooter hasn't been charged with anything. The 911 dispatcher specifically told him not to follow the kid. Neighborhood watch groups are supposed to work with local police and have no right to confront a random person based on what they look like.

The kid was probably immature and didn't appreciate being approached by Zimmerman. I imagine this led to a scuffle. Zimmerman had a deadly weapon on him and "self-defense" seems so crappy in this case. All he had to do was listen to the 911 dispatcher. :mad:

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I need more facts

I detect bias from the author

4. bigtexxx

Your behavior is reprehensible -- automatically assuming racism. Check yourself

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

How does someone on foot create a situation where someone in a car needs to defend themself by shooting a guy holding a can of iced tea? Driving away wasn't an option? Locking the door wasn't an option? Makes no sense.

6. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I need more facts.

I detect bias from the author.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I've read it on reuters and yahoo. the author doesn't matter.

the shooter, in his 20's, the captain of a volunteer organization, licensed to carry a gun, witnessed a black teenager walking from a store to his home, in a rich, mostly white, gated community, called the cops, was told not to pursue the kid, confronted him, and shot him dead , claimed self defense.

facts

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

SMH.
    This is so common place. . .so expected I guess .. .
    that it warrents very little commentary.

Dude was just following the great example set by JOE HORN
    he wanted to kill him a #@%5!#$ . . . and he did.
    Like JOE HORN . . . he will skate free and Brag about it to family and friends.

. . . the very representation of EVIL and Privilege

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  9. bigtexxx

you're too easily duped by a potentially biased author

How do you know the black didn't get aggressive?

10. Nook

Nook Member

"So common"... Huh? You make it sound like this is happening every day is every neighborhood... Wasn't Joe Horn almost 5 years ago.

11. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

Wow. All I got to say is wow. I hope you never have something like this happen to your child. Racist prick.

1 person likes this.
  12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's not the victim, the deceased, the teeenage kid... it's "the black".

13. across110thstreet

who is the biased author here? the facts are the facts. the white shooter got off scot free for pursuing "the black" for walking in his own neighborhood.

and why would you automatically detect bias and stand up for the white shooter?

if you are going to assume anything, the trigger happy Zimmerman demanded the victim to stop and Trayvon told him to f*# off.

14. bigtexxx

You're calling me a racist, for asking for more facts? I would call your insults slander.

The article even says,

the author of that piece clearly had an agenda. That much is clear.

15. Classic

Classic Member

without having more to go off of, this Zimmerman guy should be in jail while the investigation takes place

condolences to the teen's family

16. bigtexxx

I'm defending Zimmerman? I've only asked questions about the facts of the case, and I've been called "a racist prick".

I detected bias in the article based on the character assassination of Zimmerman (e.g., "loose cannon"), and the sensational quotes from the lawyer about how "Trayvon had skittles".

Many on here need to learn to see through bias and think for themselves -- the media tries to sway your opinion. Think critically, people.

17. across110thstreet

why are you not asking why the shooter hasn't been arrested?

was the boy not found with Skittles in his own community?

was the shooter not arrested on a violent incident with a police officer in the past?

was he not listed as the contact for a hypersensitive Neighborhood Watch community newsletter?

"the media" :rolleyes:

were the facts I listed above not accurate?

they will release the 911 tape soon and witnesses are now coming forward. I don't want to share a link because I read it on the biased news wire.

18. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

Using the term 'the Black'........enough said. Enjoy your day Bigtexx aka....'the white'.

19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Yeah thats wayyyy over the top...I would've just settled for calling you a racist SOB...

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Waaaaaaah! Some Libruls called me a racist, mommy! Ban them!