1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this my immaturity coming to light?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by roxxfan, May 23, 2014.

1. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

In life, for whatever reason, I find certain things funny that others normally wouldn't. I am one of those people that laugh in situations that I shouldn't and take things that I should laugh off, seriously. Moreso, the former.

I just feel not every damn thing in this world is such a big deal, and is a life or death situation. Am I the only one?

For example. I drove into my mom's garage door and bent it ever so slightly, and I could not control my laughter when I told her. I know that is stupid under the circumstances, but I just find irony to be so damn humorous. People have gotten so upset with me constantly because I think certain things are funny. Sometimes I genuinely cannot control it.

I've been borrowing my mom's car because I am saving up for one, and she was really iffy about trusting me with it. Well one day she told me that she finally trusted/believed in me and would therefore let me use it more frequently. The following day, I had what the insurance company labeled an "accident," and when I told her I just couldn't hold back my chuckles because the situation was so damn ironic. Just the day before she gave me her blessings. The more I type the more I seem like an ass.

I know it is my immaturity, and I do not know why I am asking. Another thing is when I see people fall or get hurt, I cannot and will not shut up. I am typically in tears laughing. If I see a child fall off a slide at a park, everyone scolds me because I would be the only one laughing my ass off.

How can I control my sense of humor?

2. conquistador#11

Have you tried laughing maniacally while wearing a purple suit?
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Get therapy. You need it.

4. BinBinRingRing

I used to find those kind of things funny too until I had to pay for the damage myself.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

This kind of nails it. OP has some child-like tendencies or insecurities coming to light with that laughing response.

There are other reasons why you are laughing and they aren't cause the situation is humorous. I mean I laugh at dark and stupid stuff too but to me when you wrote that out it sounded like there are some other issues.

6. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Bingo

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

My God. You should be locked in a padded cell for eternity.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

My sons have the same problem as you.

Of course, they're 2 1/2....

1 person likes this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

first things first we need to see pics of the potential roommates. not enough data

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

oops wrong thread. But I do recommend any thread have pics of female roommates.

As for OP I don't think you are immature. some people think this way all their life. I guess it is okay although for certain things if you can't be normal then that sucks for you and the persons around you.

Like this car. Are you going to pay for it? if so then yeah maybe its okay and laugh about it. Sounds to me like perhaps you don't pay for your consequence and therefore it doesn't matter?

I know trust fund babies that can smoke crack all day and get arrested all the time and their family and parents bail them out. It depends on your reality.

If the worst thing that you are dealing with is a fender bender then sounds like there is not much consequence and nothing major has caused you to change. so you are probably fine. I would take the serious stuff (like not smoking crack, banging without a condom, getting married on a whim for fun) more seriously if they arise. Pick and choose your serious if indeed you are genuinely not thinking it is a big deal.

In other words sack up and pay for the car you dented and don't do serious stuff like have children with guys from prison like my sister in law did.

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Am I the only one laughing at how funny this thread is...???

[​IMG]

12. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

You sound like a spoiled brat. You borrow your moms car, wreck it into HER garage door, and your only reaction is laughter? Wow.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing OP is a spoiled, ungrateful teenager. If so then yeah there's a lot wrong with you and you should feel bad that you are the way you are. But that goes for nearly every teen.

#13 Haymitch, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Try writing a check to pay for that new garage door, and see how funny it is.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Why did you run into that garage door, youngster? Texting your 7th period classmate? :confused:

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

He's like Ray Liotta of Goodfellas.

17. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

why are you letting your 2 and 1/2 year olds drive their mom's car?

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

you seem normal to me

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

How old are you?

20. Nook

Nook Member

Well Holden Caulfield, my guess is you will learn to control your "sense of humor" the first time you get a fist in your throat from a pissed off dad for laughing at his kid for hurting himself.