1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox One] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nippystix, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I am not sure if Destiny needs a separate thread for each console that it will come up on, but this will hopefully mitigate the console war derail that will probably inevitably happen anyway.

I was fortunate enough to play the beta for both systems, thanks to the generosity of Clutchfans, and although I enjoyed both, it is strictly a personal preference of mine to stick with the Xbox controller for all FPS's. So although Destiny on the One might not be as powerful as the PS4, I'll take the trade off with the more intuitive feel of the One controller. It just feels a little more accurate, at least to me.

So I went ahead and preordered this bad boy from the Microsoft Store last night. I think you have to preorder by noon this Friday to guarantee midnight launch, which means they are expecting a huge turnout, because that is new to me (I know I've preodered the weekend before a game's release before with no problem).

So who else is getting this for the One? Any interest in creating a clan to dominate? Or if you are already in a clan, do you have space for one more? Realistically, I can probably play after putting the little ones to bed, so let's assume I can sit down and get my Destiny on starting at about 10pm. My gamertag is GuerrillaStench.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'll be getting it. I've been wanting for a good RPG/Shooter for a while now.

3. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Ill be getting it also. I havent played the beta yet so i dont know much about how the clans work but id also be interested in joining one.

4. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Ill have it

5. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

PS4 too brother....

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Have a Ghost edition coming for my Xbox, I'm getting it for PS4 as well since I have friends on both though. Feel free to add me, GT is in my sig.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is it going to be good?

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

haha really wow. These people are going to be raking in the money like crazy. Seriously this game is going to be huge.

9. Mr. Clutch

Is there a disadvantage to getting the ditigal version?

10. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

just traded in some games to fully pay for it. My body is ready

11. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I plan on getting it on PS4

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah, you can't trade in the disc later. That's about it though.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I didn't want to, but it's really ****ed honestly. My co-workers all bought PS4s, but my best friends bought Xboxs...soooo. My birthday is tomorrow anyway.

14. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

i'll be getting it too. titanfall is fun, but i'm looking forward to a game with rpg elements and story.

15. Mr. Clutch

Might wait for reviews.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9ZyQK6kUdWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

I don't know why but i got a gaurdians of the galaxy vibe from that lol

18. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Great to see the feedback here.

Please remember to include your gamertag, I think only seclusion has mentioned it thus far.

We'll have to see how Destiny and Microsoft does the clan or multiplayer co-op. I read that some of the raids will be really difficult, and I can only imagine the scale of it will increase as your multiplayer group is. Even during the beta, two random people joined my game, and we ended up fighting some powerful bad guys, and like an hour or so later, we succeeded. I would think playing consistently with a group of friends, where you can communicate and play more cooperatively would only enhance the experience.

19. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

My gamer tag is KingTekh5

20. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Has anyone played the game yet?