1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xbox One Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 11, 2013.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Since it's been announced and we have a price/release date - I think this is a good time to discuss games and accessories for those who pre-ordered the Xbox One.

These are the games I'm getting at launch for sure (assuming they're released at launch).

Watch Dogs
    GTA V
    NBA 2K14
    Madden 25

Also saw that a lot of people pre-ordered through Amazon.

http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox-one-sells-through-most-of-amazon-inventory-six-hours

#1 ItsMyFault, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Just to be clear, there is no next-gen version of GTA V. It has been rumored (and might come along at some point), but right now, it is only 360/PS3.

3. ItsMyFault

Yeah, I figured it would eventually be released. I may just end up getting it for 360 if I can't wait.

4. SunsRocketsfan

just curious why are you buying a xbox one over the PS4? For a $100 less you get a more powerful system (Hardware spec wise) with none of the restrictions and convuluted online and trading game issues with the xbox. You won't be able to buy used games or even rent games or borrow games from friends.
    Only reason I can see why anyone would want the xbox is the kinect is probably better than the new version of the PS Eye or whatever it's called but that stuff is just a gimmick after awhile.

5. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Maybe bc he likes the games on Xbox One that are not are not PS3? Opinions, we all have them.

Sunset Overdrive, Halo, Forza, Ryse, Project Spark, Quantum Break, Titanfall, etc.

6. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

fix'd

7. ItsMyFault

The reason I picked it was less for gaming and more for multimedia than anything else. Currently I use Google TV which is pretty ineffective because Google refuses to pay much attention to it, with Microsoft's TV component with the Xbox mixed with ESPN and the sports components of NFL and NBA fantasy. I think I would use that often. I don't play games as much as I used to, I'm limited to sports titles mostly. The used/rent games stuff doesn't affect me, I haven't bought a used game or rented a game in a long time. I mainly bought it for the software aspect which I think MS might have a better aspect of excelling in because they've been successful thus far. If it was purely gaming, I would go with the PS4 because the cost is cheaper and it's hardware for games is better. As far as exclusives go, I don't game enough these days to pick a console based on that.

1 person likes this.
  8. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

The post owned my post...

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lol, a 600 dollar media box.

Raspberry pis or its equivalent will be more than sufficient when that time comes

... Or even a 600 dollar computer would do fine if you don't game that much.

10. ItsMyFault

It's $500. And what exactly am I going to do with another computer? It has no benefit for me.

11. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I'd have to think some other device could match what MS will do in the TV space, and probably do it better/cheaper. Maybe not now, but in a few years. Seems silly to give MS $60/yr to use these services when you don't even game much (wish MS would decouple this stuff for people who like the media services, but don't game or game much).

They'll have to juggle being a gaming box and a TV box (an overpowered TV box at that), and they'll face competition from companies focusing on one or the other.

Wouldn't be a bad purchase I guess (and if you really like the ESPN/fantasy stuff, that could certainly be enough), but I'd wonder how things might stack up in 6-7 years. Especially if more and more things go online.

Also skeptical how it will actually perform. AFAIK, what they demoed a few weeks ago was all smoke and mirrors. Not a bad thing (completely expected at this point), but early Kinect concepts make me wonder. Given how powerful the box is, should be able to match more or less what they showed I think.

12. SunsRocketsfan

thanks .. most compelling explanation on why someone would choose the xbox one over the PS4. I agree the xbox will probably have better TV integration and multimedia features than the PS4. Sounds like for your needs the xbox is the right choice. Plus the new Kinect does look like it will totally beat Sony's version of the PS Eye + Move

13. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

im turning into more of a casual gamer, xbox has the exclusives i like, more than half the time its on im watching movies i stream from my pc.. i enjoy playing games from xbla.. i ditched cds and dvds a long time ago, i literally own none and ive been anticipating the day i could ditch game discs..

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

What impressed me most about the 360 is how well it has aged. Microsoft was able to introduce a good deal of changes into it over the years without having to change he hardware.
    While I agree that what the XBone demonstrated in terms of media integration will most likely be replicated by cheaper devices in the near future, I seriously doubt that this is the limit of its capabilities. For example, when I first bought my 360, I never thought that I would use it to stream Cricket World Cup matches and control it with my tablet.

This is the one thing that I respect about MS, they have a go big or go home mentality with an eye towards the future.

15. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

pretty much word for word what i use my current xbox for..

sports games/movies

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Just pointing out that you're potentially spending a ****load of money in the name of convenience.

Something half the price will provide your stated needs outside gaming very well...GooglePOS notwithstanding.

And something like a Raspberry Pi, a ~50ish dollar device, could do it and other things adequately.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

lol, for what it's worth, I was going to post what you wrote...as of now, it's a toss up for me as to which system Im going with first.

It all comes down to which initial exclusives I like the best. Hopefully we can get some more info regarding the games over the next few months. The XBone exclusives are just as intriguing as the PS4s, so just need to wait and see.

The $100 difference shouldnt really even be brought up as it's really inconsequential given the amount of time everyone plans on putting into these systems.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Can you watch live TV, change channels with voice commands, surf the web, and Skype with friends & family on the PS4 all at the same time (relatively)?

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You don't have a google TV? Their like $50 on eBay

20. Ashes

Ashes Member

To be fair, you can use Netflix, Hulu, etc. on PS3/4 without having to pay the online costs (Obviously you still pay your respective subscription costs).

That's the one thing I hated about 360. Having to be a Gold subscriber to watch Hulu or Netflix was just r****ded.