1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xbox One Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Don't be surprised, I don't have hidden agendas.... Maybe the games on PS never appealed to me, except for Shadow of the colossus... That game was awesome..... But other than that there is nothing that really catches my attention. Not that there aren't great games on PS.... There are... We know the titles of those games. Or who knows, maybe I'm more of a game fan than an actual game-r.... I rarely have time to play games now but I love watching reviews and retro games stuff..... Weird...

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It is supposedly only temporary. If Microsoft doesn't crush Sony in sales this Holiday season, that would be terrible for XBox.

If they were selling a Master Chief Collection bundle, I'd definitely be buying (hopefully a retailer will offer a game with purchase of XBox1).

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

bet sometime next week maybe even this week, theyll announce a Xbox 1 Halo MCC bundle

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Gah, I'm literally waiting till Nov 2 to pull the trigger on Sunset Overdrive Edition.... Maybe I should give it a day or two..... I would pay anything for MCC......

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

#1605 juicystream, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  6. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Always liked what both Sony and MSFT have offered, but I'm gonna say that XBONE is runnin' the show right now with quality exclusives.

On another note, I've played my WiiU a lot more than my XBONE.

7. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Feel you on that. Work 8-5 and other interests... Gotta really pluck out the best to spend time on. I still love to keep up with the industry and check out the review scene.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Good to know someone understands lol, I'm literally leaving the office right now and well its almost seven and I have to get back in pretty early so that pretty much tells my story on why its so hard to play anything... I still love keeping up with the industry and retro game content. MCC thou, I'm gonna have a lot of sleepy mornings because of it... Goodbye being on time and productivity...

9. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I'm not sure anyone said otherwise, nor why that would be 'a problem'. ?

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that you did. It's a problem for me, I want the in-game graphics to look like that. :)

11. AXG

AXG Member

Torn between the Sunset Overdrive and COD bundles...

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Do not buy Call of Duty. That's all I'm going to say.

13. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i saw some of the black friday deals for xbox one...i assume those are without the kinect as part of the system?

does that render the console meaningless? or it still worth a look even without kinect?

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Has anyone seen a 1 TB HD Xb one that isn't part of a bundle and comes with the kinect?

Or one that is part of the bundle and still comes with the kinect. The bundles I've seen haven't had the kinect.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Kinect is weak unless you got kids or want to play motion detector games. When I had the kinect on it only detected me in the room half the time to turn on the console

16. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

This cod is way better than the ghosts edition crap. It's more of a mixture of cod and halo. Since it gives you the jumping ability , double boost jump etc.

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I don't have the kinect and I'm doing just fine. There are times that I wished I had it, but it's honestly not necessary.

Also, I see that there is no thread for Assassin's Creed Unity. Am I the only one playing it?

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

SO....

I played nba live 15 last night. Through EA accesses 6 hours trial. And.... It's really not that bad, I actually had some good fun playing it. No it's not as good or realistic as 2k15 but it's still a fun basketball game and the faces are done really well, the overall game play is MUCH improved, it's just still sort of raw. One thing I really appreciate is how they changed Dwight Howard's hair cut, it's a very small detail but idk I appreciate how they took their time to update it. 2k will have a players hair cut wrong for up to 2 whole years and EA changed it with in a week of releasing the game, straight class. Also the ESPN set up is sweet, the create a superstar mode is fun and easy to hop into unlike all of 2k's mycareer unnecessary bull **** corny cut scenes.

I also played the dragon age inquisition EA access 6 hour trial and that game is FUN! I'v never been into the the wizard and dragon RPG type games (besides skyrim) but I legit couldn't put the controller down playing that game, definitely will take a hard look and picking that one up, even with my pockets being stretched lately with all the new big releases.

BTW just to add in on the current topic I don't use the Kinect for ****, that thing is burred in my closet. The only time I got it out was to try to scan my face into 2k15 and that went absolutely horribly.

19. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Kinect is nearly worthless, don't waste your money on it unless you absolutely have to have it.

I don't think there are any motion games in the pipelines and the Kinect motion lag seems worse than the 360 imo. This is based on the Kinect Sports game on Xbone vs the Kinect Sports game on 360.

20. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i had fun with the first kinect for a brief period.. playing bowling and the field goal contest was my favorite but the allure of the kinect wore off quickly, there simply isnt any games worth buying for it outside of the party sport games, and everything that does come out on it seems a bit gimmicky..