1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Answer: FIRE MOREY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davestrate, Nov 20, 2010.

1. davestrate

davestrate Member

Seems to me few are happy with our current situation here in Houston. What's our current situation??? Few players that complement each other and who's individual talents simply don't add up to what is needed under any circumstance for a championship caliber team.

Who is to blame for our current roster? Daryl Morey

Everyone in the bbs loves/hates at least one player on our current roster, meaning there is a distorted perception of what is truly needed in terms of personel. Im honestly tired of sucking up to a GM that hasn't brought Jack to an organization and city that is dying to be relevant again.

Morey did an excellent job at culminating a group of tradeable assets, now lets hand the reigns over to a different GM such as Sam Presti who can actually do something with them or turn them into great future draft picks and prospects.

PLEASE DISCUSS BUT ALSO BEEE RATIONAL

1 person likes this.
  2. G-Money

G-Money Member

whoa, this is the first time I have ever heard this idea! thanks for sharing!

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

nah, it's T-macs fault. All his fault. Blame him. It's his fault my beer order was wrong btw.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i dont hate any of the players.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's not the roster. It's the coaching. If JVG had this team, we would be 10-2 instead of a measly 3-9. Morey's hard work has put us in a good position for the next few years. He did his part. They just have to put it together and make it work like we all thought it would.

6. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

7. davestrate

davestrate Member

It's the right course of action, maybe we should all agree once and for all...

8. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

There are two people responsible for the team: Morey and Adelman. Only one has a proven history...

9. davestrate

davestrate Member

I dont hate any of them as individuals, as professional basketball players.....whole different ball game!

10. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Morey has the proven history, right?
    :grin:

11. RainbowPoop

RainbowPoop Rookie

They say the answer is in the stars, everyones destiny is layed out. We are Rocket Men, we, well I for a fact will not ever loose hope or get frustrated. The season is just at it's tip, confidence Is lacking and there was just too much pressure on these guys coming into the season. Remember we don't have stars we have assets, and until we hit a star we will always be a rocket full of assets without a true captain behind the wheel.

12. davestrate

davestrate Member

Very true, i thought so too yet always had my doubts. Thinking and believing have gotten me all twisted same as the idea of being good on paper and actually winning games. It'd be nice for it all to mean the same thing but honestly it doesnt.

13. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

We need both Adelman and Morey's expertise for when we rebuild through the draft...

We will get one maybe two solid players from there, and for the remainder/role players we need Morey's savvy.

We would be lucky to to keep both during a transition period for the Rockets in which few people would be happy because of lack of wins

14. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

no matter who your players are, or how your team is constructed, there will always be people who don't like the team. That point doesn't really make sense.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You've been so rational with this thread how can fans not naturally follow your lead? Within reason, I let people post what they want here, but ugh... is this thread ever stupid.

16. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

CLUTCH HAS SPOKEN

1 person likes this.
  17. davestrate

davestrate Member

JVG is definitely not the answer, neither is Adelman and Morey is a great collector of talent (but that's all). He's the man that brought upon us all the hidden gems, we have managed to polish a few but now is the time to trade those precious stones into well established diamonds OR keep polishing and hope one turns into Gold.

The polishing needed isn't going to take place nor with Rick Adelman (given the fact he wont play our young guns) nor Morey who apparently has taken the backseat to this roller coaster ride of a season unable to balance expectations and our forsaken truth, being this is the end of the tunnel and we all know it.

18. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

I'm not ready to say Morey should be fired, he deserves a chance to clean up his mess, but I've been saying for over a year that he is extremely overrated here and has not delivered anything in terms of on-court results.

We are also seeing now that he has some major flaws in how he evaluates talent -- ie putting too much emphasis on players that look statistically good but lack heart/toughness/swagger (getting rid of guys like Artest, Landry, and Ariza and bringing in guys like Martin and Lee), as well as overpaying for role players like Lowry and Miller.

1 person likes this.
  19. davestrate

davestrate Member

Im sorry CLUTCH, i try to be calm yet reasonable by no means am i asking anyone/everyone to surrender their thoughts to mine. I represent myself and my honest belief, let this be an invite for others to convince me otherwise. BUT then again if im mistaken and my point is not coming across the right way feel free to close this thread. Regards

20. davestrate

davestrate Member

I coudn't have worded this better, and these are truly my thoughts on this whole fiasco of a season we are being subjected to. YET, Morey has done his job (and a great job) but we need new employees, even at the top level.