1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man charged with assault by Gator

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by B-ball freak, Jul 17, 2004.

1. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

This one had me cracking up at the first paragraph alone.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/2687195

EXTRA
    News Bizarre: For more odd stories see News Bizarre.

PORT ORANGE, Fla. -- A man hit his girlfriend with a 3-foot alligator and threw beer bottles at her during an argument in the couple's mobile home, authorities said.

David Havenner, 41, was scheduled for a bond hearing Saturday on misdemeanor charges of battery and possession of an alligator.

The alligator, which Havenner had been keeping in his bathtub, was turned over to Florida wildlife officials.

Nancy Monico, 39, told investigators that Havenner beat her with his fists, then grabbed the alligator and swung it at her as she tried to escape, sheriff's spokesman Gary Davidson said. She said the animal hit her at least once. She also told authorities that Havenner threw empty beer bottles at her, Davidson said.

Havenner's version of the story differed. He told investigators that Monico bit his hand because she was upset that they had run out of alcohol.

2. wiws316

wiws316 Member

LOL :D he slapped her with his 3 foot gator;) .....LOL:)

3. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

You know there's "country", there's "redneck", and then there's "slap your girlfriend with a 3 ft alligator".

4. Just B

Just B Member

I'm trying to envision this....did he pick the thing up by it's tail and hit her, or maybe by the feet?

Now that I think about it, forget the woman, I feel bad for the Gator!:(