1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Drummond looks good

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Oct 11, 2012.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Andre Drummond, anyone?

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zJFmL5Ikhyw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zJFmL5Ikhyw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    <HR>
    UPDATE: 10/14/2012

2. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

He's looking more and more like a steal.

3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

I think some of the people here that were so opposed to Drummond may end up eating their words...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WkQg65PGqSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

yeah, it's obvious that he will be special. the idea was that he's clueless and a slow learner and low effort, well, there was none of that defensively in the two games i saw so far.
    the guy has defensive instincts and knows what he's doing. And he's insanely strong.
    I remember comparisons with DeAndre Jordan, and they look ridiculous now that i've seen a bit more of Drummond.

Btw, there are so many impressive big men in this preseason...... Rookies, or guys who seem to have taken the next step. Drummond. Kanter. Valanciunas. Asik. Meyers. And theres still a number of teams that i haven't seen.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Drummond should've gone #2, tbh. I thought he will, when I saw his insane measurements pre-draft. But I suppose Jordan had a Kwame-2 anxiety.

6. carayip

carayip Member

Drummond reminds me of a young Amare. I hope he gets developed the right way and won't become uninterested in D like Amare. I like his game more than Anthony Davis already. He's a real big man.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Drummond was a complete beast in HS and showed the whole skill package, sometimes looked like a guard with certai moves. Never understood the "he's raw" label, he's far from being a stiff or unskilled big. This kid should've gone #2 and Detroit made the steal of the draft(given he's #9, complete joke).

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Frustrating. Toronto just had to keep that 8th pick.

You take a chance on a guy like Drummond. Period.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He isn't an undersized PF. DM is not interested. I thought the Raptors were willing to give up 8th pick for lowry and DM didn't want it.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Yup, that is how I felt on draft night and still feel the same. Drummond was and is the age of most high schoolers coming out 10 years ago. He has exceptional upside.

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Ugh, that 2nd highlight video makes me a little sick to my stomach. He seems too fluid for a big man.

Oh well, I'll continue my Jones mancrush.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this thread is depressing.....if ur a rockets fan

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yep, but I doubt it had anything to do with Toronto holding out. More than likely it was the Rockets holding out on Toronto. They had to have thought Orlando would value the draft pick they could get in future years over a player that the Rockets pick, and hope they like in a few months unless they could get Orlando to commit on draft night.

Had that trade gone down on draft night, it seems like Toronto was more than willing to give the Rockets the #8 to immediately be flipped to Orlando. After that didnt happen, the Rockets made the decision to use Lowry to get a pick in next years draft instead to keep on the pursuit of Dwight into the Summer.

The Dwight Howard situtation really screwed the Rockets again on this one. Had they just traded Lowry on draft night for the #8 instead of holding out for a Dwight deal, they could have had Drummond to be groomed for the next few years.

Also the team could have had one of the biggest front lines in the NBA. This does make me sick to my stomach. Not saying he's going to be Dwight Howard or anything, but should at the very least be a DeAndre Jordan on a rookie contract. Not bad at all.

I guess we just have to see what kind of player the Rockets get with the Toronto pick before we can acurately judge whether or not it was a mistake doing what they did. Right now, it looks like a mistake, but that could change next Summer.

14. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

Ross haven't impressed so far. Can someone remind me what was the rocket's offer for the 8th pick again?

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

not as much as if you are a Raptors fan.

I like T-Ross, he's a nice solid shooter/defender, he'll stick in the league for a long time, but I'd be stunned if he's an All Star.
    Drummond has the talent to be the best player on a contender.

16. Raven

Raven Member

He was on my wish list!

But this just shows you why tanking is necessary. No matter how many "assets" you have, general managers are very reluctant to trade down.

17. tofu--

tofu-- Member

That's because all these draft analysts say the same talking point to label players and perpetuate myths about certain players based off what they heard from others without understanding the implications of what they're saying. i.e. He needs to gain weight, he needs to bulk up, etc. when that player is wiry strong and is fully capable of surviving at the NBA level.

18. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Wonder what would be a better draft. 8, 12, 16, 18 in a strong draft, or say 4 and 7 in a weaker draft. Guess we'll find out in 10 months time.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Clutch knows me so well :grin:

I was high on Drummond prior to the draft and I thought that was one of Morey's top targets, behind Davis and maybe Thomas.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Please, those extra 13 wins last season are a lot more impressive than this beast of a prospect.

1 person likes this.