1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yay for me/Clutchfans in San Antonio?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FishBulb913, Jan 24, 2015.

1. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Well awhile ago I made a thread about possibly moving to a new city, that opportunity fell through. But yesterday I received the call that I got the promotion I've been wanting and will be moving to San antonio in a week!

First thing I plan to do when getting there is ordering League Pass so I don't miss any Rockets games. But next order of business will be trying to find some cool spots in town, I really know very little about the town other than the riverwalk/alamo area so any knowledge yall can share would be great.

Are there any Clutchfans in SA? Any places that yall are aware of that Rocket fans gather to watch a game?

2. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Congrats. First order of business is locating the nearest titty bars to your location.

3. FishBulb913

Also does Time Warner Cable suck as much ass as what their website leads me to believe? I found an apartment I really like when I was there for my interview, but they said their complex can only get TWC, their packages I'm seeing online are not appealing at all.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This Clutchfan is in SA.

Cool places to watch games.

Depends on your criteria of a cool place and what part you are going to live in.

5. FishBulb913

I don't know what all the areas are called but the apartment I'm most likely getting is about 2 minutes from the quarry market.

For what I think is cool, I'm a single 27 year old, so I enjoy a drink or 2 and good bar food is a plus.

6. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Congrats on the promotion!

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

"The Friendly Spot" is downtown about 10 minutes from where you are. That is one in that area that has a lot of "AustinItes"!

HowlAtTheMoon in SA is better than the version in Houston.

I do warn, that area is probably the worst trafficked part of San Antonio(where you are planning to live).

#7 tmacfor35, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  8. JJ

JJ Member

CFer here in SA. Its a cool town but its definitely Spurs and Cowboys country. If you live near the quarry then there are cool bars on Broadway that you may like. That is also close to the Pearl district which is booming right now. I dont really know of a place where rockets fans get together to watch games, but BWW and Fox and Hound has league pass. Texans fans get together at the BWW on DeZavala

Feel free to ask any other questions. I'll try to be as helpful/informative as possible.

9. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

I moved to SA in July. Haven't really ventured out much but the Pearl District is nice.

10. FishBulb913

Do y'all get ROOT sports in SA?

11. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Big fat negative on TWC.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've stayed in the air force base in SA before. It was OK.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I would learn spanish. Its very useful there probably even more than houston.

14. raj87

raj87 Member

If you prefer obese women, you will never leave San Antonio.

15. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Is that you Charles? You knucklehead, didn't know you joined CF?

But seriously, OP would have been better off moving to Dallas. Ugh.
    Between Dallas and San Antonio that's a tough one but I'd rather live in Dallas. Anyway

Congrats on the promotion dude. Enjoy the new city.

16. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Broadway has a nice handful of bars to check out for a beer. Must get to Taco Taco for breakfast tacos. Bombays Bicycle Club was always my favorite stop, likely because it was basically on my campus. But it's turned into much more than a college bar. Really fun and amazing burgers.

17. FishBulb913

Update: I picked poorly on my extended stay hotel. There's a drug dealer on every corner and I'm pretty sure this is the headquarters for Craigslist SA's casual encounters.

18. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

19. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Stop smoking crack and selling tail then.