1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if harden doesn't light it up tonight and lead us to a win against the dubs...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

he should be taken OUT of mvp consideration and bow down to CHEF CURRY.

no, i am not a warriors fan. i'm just not a homer and i'm an objective fan. they have similar stats and PER but one of them has the best record in the league and could possibly season sweep the other.

remember at the beginning of the year when people were debating who was the best SG in the league?

people were putting klay thompson in the same class as james harden. i immediately lol-ed at them and then killa klay put the clamps on harden and held him to 12 points. :(

and this is our GAWD??? :(

harden better show out tonight. i'm tired of the warriors feasting on us. i really don't want to get season swept either.

harden needs to take the past 3 losses personally and tell the warriors to :cambyGTFO:.

[​IMG]

2. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

To be honest I agree.

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

You people are all prisoners of the moment

I cringe when all ya'll look at is 1 game and Harden has been good 99% of the season. Also Harden outplayed Klay the previous 2 head to head games.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I undertand where you're coming from, but we season swept the Spurs last year too.

Not as concerned about regular season as long as we bring it in the playoffs

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

by that logic, i hope we get season swept by the warriors and go on to win the championship! :cool:

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'll trade a Harden MVP for a first round advance. I don't care about this regular season at all.

8. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

He harden performs like last time with poor shooting then I'm going to start to believe he is mentally weak.

After seeing his multiple play appearances, and his performance last time I am starting to think he falls under pressure.

He knew last game would set the tone for MVP and he got dominated

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Said this before and I'll say it again, as awesome as having Harden in the MVP talks, as awesome as it is................ a Finals MVP for Harden >>>>>> MVP of the regular season ANY DAY.

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

let's get out of the first round before we talk about the nba finals.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Not disagreeing about being an objective fan... But check Harden's play/stats on the Dec. 10th game against them. He was the reason it was even a game.

I don't think it was so much Thompson, and probably more the way Harden played on Saturday. I definitely want them to win and him to have a good game, but without Harden this team wouldn't even be in the playoffs, I think GS would still be doing okay with the talent they have if Curry was out (not long term or something or for playoffs), they're a great team.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

"Chef Curry" can have his regular season MVP and get out the first round by OKC

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I should have put that in there, advancing the first round don't mean s*** to me, make a run at that Finals trophy.

14. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

this is my dream

1 person likes this.
  15. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I agree but dont like it coming from a Dallas fan.

1 person likes this.
  16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

who's the dallas fan? :confused:

17. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

1 regular season game in January shouldn't make the difference in MVP voting.

Sure I'd like to see harden drop 40, but more importantly I just want the Rockets to win.

18. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

you are

stupid clown

1 person likes this.
  19. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

The media is doing everything they can to give Curry the MVP trophy. Articles of harden saying the warriors are not that good then we get killed, putting up polls on the NBA website asking who should be MVP when we all know public hate harden and the Rockets.

He's not winning **** this year. First team all NBA only.

1 person likes this.
  20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This is one instance where I can't completely blame Harden. Most teams are stupid enough to try defending him straight up, which is next to impossible. GSW is better coached than that this year. Klay took away his left, funneled him to help, and avoided reaching. They made adjustments from earlier games this season, and it worked. Problem is, when good teams play the "we'll make someone else beat us" game, it works. We don't have anybody else who can create for himself and others in those situations, which isn't Harden's fault. If you minimize Curry, GSW still has multiple other guys who can facilitate. We have Harden, and that's it. He has no help. Well-coached teams know that and will exploit it until/unless that hole is filled.

4 people like this.