1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

For me it comes down to Flacco or Tannehill. Flacco's got another week to improve on all the things he just did against Cleveland, and I think he'll do much better this time. But I have to lean slightly towards Tannehill he's going against his #1 defense, so, I'd definitely start him. Because he knows what they're gonna run AND they won't be allowed to tackle him.

Go Tannehill and don't look back

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wouldn't keep a backup either if I had Manning. I'd play whoever I felt would need to put up a lot of points to win the game. Find the highest Vegas over/under line.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

my RB scenario is complete crap right now thanks to injuries

I have:

Charles
    Foster
    Asiata
    Woodhead
    Sankey

now with Asiata the only one I know that is for sure going to play on Sunday who should I try to pick up off the WW?

I have the highest priority so my choices are:

Stephen Jackson (ATL)
    Lorenzo Taliaferro (Bal)

I tried to get Blue and Knile Davis but Davis was picked up off of waivers last week (my waiver was too low then) and another guy picked up Blue before I knew about the Foster injury.

Even if Foster and Charles play on Sunday who should I drop Woodhead for? There really isnt anyone else worth of note in the RB world on our waiver wire.

Right now I feel Jackson is the safer pick-up even if its a RBBC in ATL, but Taliaferro has the higher upside since neither Pierce nor Forsett has done anything to wow the Ravens to win the lead back position the way Taliaferro did this past Sunday.

Or should I try to get the Carolina running back since everyone is injured there? Right now it seems the Titans are still reluctant to give Sankey more touches even after his improved performance Sunday.

4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Both my TE and D/ST have byes this week. I need advice on a player to cut in addition to Hyde; leaning towards Davis. I've also considered just not starting a D/ST.

QB: Nick Foles
    RB: LeSean McCoy, Knile Davis, Andre Ellington, Shane Vereen, Lamar Miller, Jeremy Hill, Carlos Hyde
    WR: Julio Jones, Keenan Allen, Marques Colston, Mike Wallace, Kelvin Benjamin
    TE: Julius Thomas
    D/ST: Bengals
    K: Matt Bryant

5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Hyde, Davis, or Hill. Or just cut your defense and pick up a different one? If you absolutely can't part with any of these players than try a 2 for one trade, but I definitely would not suggest just starting no Defense.

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

If you wanna get crazy with it, maybe Bridgewater? I feel like he could be the next dangerous legs/arm combo, so if you are able to take the risk you might have a solid Week 4 filler and then a studly trade bait if he plays well.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Stephen Jackson. Yeah, Tal does have some upside, but he is also in a 3 RBBC. With your lack of depth at RB, I would just go with the sure starter. He's in a high powered offense and will get some work on the goal line.

8. primtim24

By the looks of your roster, I would assume this is an 8-10 man league? In that "small" of a league, you should be able to find someone to replace the production of Jeremy Hill? I mean, if your considering dropping Hyde, he's the exact same thing as Hill....just on the west coast.

#8608 primtim24, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

It's a 10 team league. I've got a logjam of decent to good receivers and running backs. I'd like to cut Colston but I figure it's only a matter of time til Brees finds him.

It appears through 3 weeks that Hill has more upside than Hyde, but I don't know if I have the confidence to start either. I should probably dump both.

Thanks for the advice guys.

10. primtim24

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, I've got a couple of guys that are decent "stashes" but I'm nowhere near confident to start them over one of my studs. So after this week I'm gonna be dropping quite a few players myself.

11. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

So some guy just offered me Stafford, Cobb and Zac Stacy for Cousins, Joique Bell, and Emmanuel Sanders.

Is there some injury I'm unaware of? Lol i took it. I have no problem selling very high on cousins.

12. BabySeal

BabySeal Member

How hurt is Foster?

Should I be looking to move him off my team? I have someone who might be interested if he isn't too banged up. However, if he will be in the rest of the season (of course without another injury) I'd like to keep him.

13. BabySeal

BabySeal Member

I think his thoughts are that Stafford has just been so/so this yr so far. Cobb=Sanders when its all said and done. Stacy>>>>Bell. I guess he just took a chance that Cousins will blow up. I think you made the right call.

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Do you guys think Donald Brown is worthy of a #1 waiver wire claim?

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Is it PPR? With Woodhead gone Brown might get some of that work passing game work when Mathews returns.

16. primtim24

Not sure who else is there, or the size of the league. But even in a 10 man league, with all the "expected guys" on the waiver wire, I'd say 100% yes he's worth an add.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm looking at him or Fred Jackson...even though i don't like picking guys going against my team, i don't see how Fred doesn't have a solid day against the texans.

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yeah, its a 10 man league. The only other notable FA is Adrian Peterson, but I think he'll make it to free agency.

Do you think Bobby Rainey is a safe drop?

Cutler/Cam Newton
    Dez Bryant/Demaryius Thomas/Crabtree/Torrey Smith/Hopkins
    D.Martin/Ellington/P.Thomas/A.Bradshaw/Rainey
    Greg Olsen

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Fred Jackson should have a good day, but he's timesharing with Spiller.

Donald Brown will be the workhorse against Jacksonville. He has the potential for a great day.

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Got a couple questions here...

Kaepernick vs PHI
    Cousins vs NYG

Who starts? Thru three weeks their performance pointswise has been very close

and I was considering adding Jackson from Buffalo, but am not sure if it is a good idea and if so, who to drop to add him?

RB - Greene, Mcfadden, Sproles
    WR - Welker, Nicks, Garcon, Harvin, Wright

12 team, standard scoring.

Hit me guys, the GM of Worst Team Ever is a moron and needs some expert help. ;)