1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Judge Me Joe Brown!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ubiquitin, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.tmz.com/2014/03/24/judge-joe-brown-arrested-court-juvenile/

Judge Joe Brown just got a taste of his own medicine -- the former TV judge was arrested after allegedly blowing a gasket at a Memphis juvenile court ... TMZ has confirmed.

Brown showed up to court Monday to represent someone in a child support case -- but was turned away by court staff, who informed Brown they had no record of the case in question.

Brown reportedly lost it ... becoming verbally abusive and was warned several times to quiet down.

We're told Brown -- who is running for D.A. of Shelby County -- was "playing to the peanut gallery" and "incited a near riot."

Brown reportedly ignored the judge and was subsequently arrested for contempt of court.

Brown was cited for contempt 5 times and ultimately ordered to spend 5 days in jail. He left under his own power and was screaming the entire time. Check out the audio from court ... it's wild.

2. Isabel

Isabel Member

I didn't realize he had ties to Memphis. The article here states that he may not have even had any business in that courtroom, and was trying to get votes. Look at the picture; dude is crazy.

A high school classmate of mine (lawyer) met him once and basically said he was an a__hole. Other people who have dealt with him are saying the same things.

Some people are speculating that it was all a publicity stunt to help him run for office. Only in Memphis do such things sometimes work. :p

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Stories like this make me miss newspapers and Three's Company reruns.