1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toronto Watch thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Nov 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There are several Ex rockets on that team. James Johnson Ex-viper is on that team. They are doing well early on.

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Lowry. Hayes. Patterson?

3. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

They haven't really had a challenge yet but I think that's a good sign too. They're showing up and beating the teams they should be. They were up by like 34 on Philly at one point.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

7-1! Nice win tonight by Patrick Patterson and his supporting cast.

They are in the East and will thus be fed a steady diet of cupcake teams for the rest of the season.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lowry for MVP

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Raptors world champions, we da norf?

7. omgTHEpotential

They're legit.

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Wish we persued lowry. Would have loved to see lowry in the starting lineup with ariza harden and howard.

9. baubo

baubo Member

Remind me of the Denver team 2-3 years ago. Lots of good players but short on elite talent. Generally teams like these are not really built for the postseason, but the east may be so crappy it won't matter.

10. omgTHEpotential

I think either DeRozan or Lowry would the best players on that Nuggets roster from couple years ago.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It'd be fun if the Houston Rockets played the Toronto Rockets in the Finals. :)

12. baubo

baubo Member

Really? I would've thought most people would definitely put Iguodala over both easily given the higher emphasis on defense nowadays.

13. omgTHEpotential

Iguodala is a very good defender no doubt and is adequate on offense. But Lowry is no slouch on the defensive end too, while also having a much better offensive game than Andre. DeRozan definitely has the best offense of the three as well as an average or slightly below average defensive game. Both Lowry and DeRozan could be second best players on a championship contender. Iguodala is more of a glue guy at this point of his career.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Both are regular 1st or 2nd round fodder.... time to shake off this image

15. omgTHEpotential

2nd round exit - maybe... But 1st round fodder? Pass me some of that, whatever it is you're on.

16. baubo

baubo Member

I was comparing them to Denver of 2 years ago. Not today. Iguodala 2 years ago >> Iguodala today.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

History? Rockets 17 years 1 second round exit, all 1st round exits

Raptors all first round exits, maybe in the Bosh and Vince Carter era had they made 2nd round in a very weak East

18. IVFL

IVFL Member

They seem well balanced to me. In the east that is going to take them far. I think they will be fun to watch.

19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Toronto is a good team that seems to be going through maturation similar to the Rockets. Both suffered heart-breaking first round losses last season and have come out of the gates red hot. One thing Toronto has going for them is stability: it's mostly the same team from last season, which gives them a chemistry advantage over Cleveland and Chicago (Who is trying to incorporate Pau and Rose back into the team).

I'm not sure if it's sustainable, but I see them as a dark horse ECF threat.

20. Beavis Stiffler

I think the Raptors overtake the Maple Leafs as most popular sports team in Toronto for the next 5 years like when the Blue Jays won the World Series in the 1990s.