1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick Adelman's Offense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R-Jay, May 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. R-Jay

R-Jay Member

Now that our season formally ends,

It's time to evaluate our coaching staff!!!

How did our team reacted to the Princeton Offense..?

How did our team fare to Rick Adelman's motion offense..?

Rick Adelman finished 3rd on Coach of the Year award, hence is it sufficient enough to declare that he has his job!!!

Will there be addition to Rick Adelman's arsenal next season..

Let us discuss, as we look forward to next season!!!

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I think the offense is fine, it is just guys not making their shots.

It was only 1st season under Rick. Yao went down for a lot of game. I think next season our offense will look a LOT better.

3. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

After an extremely rough first few months, it's clear that the offense was a great fit for our team, and Adelman was able to keep most of the defensive intensity from JVG. I have to admit I didn't think Adelman would be able to duplicate what JVG did without Yao, and even though we had better depth this year, their overall accomplishments were great. My main concern going forward is the health of Tmac and Yao. If they were both healthy for at least 85% of the season and the playoffs we would be contenders with minimal tweaks this offseason. Unfortunately expecting them to both be healthy is a risky proposition at best. For that reason I don't consider anyone untouchable trade wise, but at the same time I wouldn't be looking to make trades just for the sake of change.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Adelman did fine.....give the team another year in it...maybe make some trades to improve the PG position....and possibly get longer and more athletic on the wings....

And go at it again.

DD

5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

yeah, how long have we been saying that? I think Morey is trying but when will we see a team with sufficient talent around our stars.

Maybe we should trade Tmac for Ginobli and we'll win it all!!! ;)

6. Crush

Crush Rookie

The motion offense was glimpsed in garbage time when the bench was cleared. Missing Rafer really froze our offense in the 3rd quarter

7. trugoy

trugoy Member

will really depend on rafer and brooks. they make the offense go. bobby J and francis are not really point guards. If brooks can beat out Bobby J for the backup minutes and play well then the offense will look real good.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It is great . . .when they run it

Rocket River

9. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

But we have also been saying trade for a PF. Now his 4 pgs(Mike James, Steve Francis, Bobby Jackson, Aaron Brooks) didn't work out, but his PF trade was pretty good. After Yao went down, Scola and Landry kept the Rockets winning.

This year, he can work on the PG position again, maybe another SF too.

10. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Adelman's offense need good shooters and athletic players.

I don't understand why Morey and Adelman like those undersized, hustle players. Maybe, they are hard workers and easy to be managed. This year is the first year for Morey and Adelman, and that may be important.

I hope Morey and Adelman change their philosophy of building the team next season.

The rockets should be built for playoffs.

11. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

They didn't run it last night that's for sure. It was beautiful sight to see during the first 12 games of the win streak Landry and Scola convert so many wide open shots due to moving w/o the ball and the attention paid to McGrady and Yao.

At the same time, I'm interested to see what moves the organization will do for Adelman in the offseason to bring in more athleticism, scoring, and height in the perimeter. Moves like that can only make the offense better.

12. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

This year had many ups and downs, but overall I enjoyed watching this team much than last year. The team's passion is awesome.

Adelman>JVG = a happy Houston Rockets fan!

GO ROCKETS!!! :D

13. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

I posted something earlier that got purged (for reasons unknown, the thread was 100% legitimate) and I'm too lazy to retype up the whole thing but I really think he needs to pull people who are shooting poorly immediately, just like Sloan does.

14. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I agree, they need a backup athletic 3 and a taller athletic 4.....I think shooting and point guard are set.....Rafer has changed my mind on his value, he has become more consistent than inconsistent.....Tracy with Mike Harris has shooting guard locked.....

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The coaching job was excellent. He successfuly battled injuries and melded in key rookies into the rotation.

The offense was overhyped. It depends more on your players, just like JVG said. But they were still less predictable than under JVG.

It will be interesting to see if Yao is still used a lot in the high post next year. And Adelman will have a much better understanding of his players- next year is HUGE.