1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quiet Assassin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, Oct 24, 2002.

Tags:
  1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

With all the Yao Ming hoopla (pun intended), Eddie got lost in the shuffle. Here is a very quiet player who is showing a growing prowess with each passing game. Great game, EG!

2. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I love EG's tenacity... he's gonna be a star!

I was telling a friend that when he becomes a FA, I sure hope the Rockets don't let him slip away... he's a gem!

3. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Huh? The guy was all over vs. Duncan and Robinson and one of the biggest front courts in the league. I didn't lose him... :D

4. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Eddie is maturing and developing and he already is a major defensive player. He can change shots and block shots. He can hold position in the post and step out and guard the peremiter.

His offensive is developing also and as he gains confidence he will drain more of those baseline turnarounds. He will also dunk more as he gets stronger and smarter.

Go Eddie, he will be one of the elite PF one day.

5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

EG had an excellent game. He needs to work on his positioning on D, but stoping Duncan is a near impossible feat so all things considered, excellent game.

1 play in particular...

4th qtr aprox 1:30 left, Griffin fronts the post pass, spurs lob over the top, Cato provides back side support, then Griffin recovers for the block. Without the back side support from cato it would have been another dunk (like all those in the first qtr) but since cato came over to support griffin got the block. I thought that defensive stand might make the differnce but in the end the rockets came up just a little short.

The combo of Griffn/Cato/Ming should stop a lot of the easy baskets the rockets have given up the past few years.