1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carroll Dawson on 610 NOW! (7am)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Faos, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to listen to so check it out.

2. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

* Eddie Griffin cut his foot on some glass. He'll take off a couple days but will be able to work out in LA.

* Always looking for an intimidator (Granato specifically asked him about it). But everything is tough because of the luxury tax.

3. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

*sigh...* All right. I'll bite:

I guess Eddie should be a little more careful around glass bongs. They're fragile!

4. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Yeah, I've always wanted to see an NBA player's bong collection- must be nice...

5. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I only caught bits and pieces:

He spoke to Yao on his cell phone the other night and said it sounds like he was talking to him in the same city. CD said Yao's English was getting better all the time. Yao has been faithful doing a weight and conditioning program; CD mentioned that Yao is disciplined and did not have to worry about him following the program. He also said that Yao only practiced once a day with the Chinese National team.

Interestingly, he mentioned that Yao's teamates were surprised how much bigger that he was in the upper body and they too wanted to do the same program which the Rockets obliged in sending them (ie a written program but I don't think a trainer).

CD said that JVG had evaluated the starters and now was looking at the bench. They probably would make moves to "tweak" the bench, but they were always looking for the big deal to better the team. Nothing specific.

He thought that TMo would make it in the league and he was trying to help him catch on with a another team. He and Mattox were invited to the summer league to showcase their talents if they didn't go to another team because everyone is watching in LA. Rockets also have scouts in Boston and Utah.

He said he wanted to resign Posey and that there was a lot of teams interested and that the competition for him would be great, but they had an advantage with right of refusal. He said Posey adapted quickly to the team and was one of the hardest working players as he was the first one to arrive at practice. He said he ran the court as good as anyone.

He also said he admired Rudy because he is the same person when CD coached him as a player as he is now.

That's about all I remember.

Houston Native

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Geeze...that's it ;)

Thanks for the update. Sounds like Posey will be back and they will probably bring in a cheap vet or 2.

7. Houston Native

Supporting Member

CD also said he thought Badiane would go between 20 and 30. He'll probably go back to Europe for a couple of years and that he thought he could be a significant contributor down the road. He said that he didn't think there was anyone at 44 that could have made the team this year.

Houston Native

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

Hopefully this dispells the rumors that Badiane will be competing for EG and Cato's jobs.

BTW, CD was pronouncing it "Bi-Szahn".

9. goophers

goophers Member

I hope TMo doesn't go to another team. He wouldn't be expensive, and he's played alright when he got a chance. He's a lot better than lil Troll-Doll (Maddox) or big Troll-Doll (Moochie). Better than Collier, has shown more so far than Nachbar. I would rather keep TMo than Griffin because at least TMo seems to show a little heart out there now and then. :mad: (Don't misconstrue this to mean I think he'll be an all-star. I just think he can be a productive bench/occassional emergency starter type guy and he's cheap)

10. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

I'll offer you a deal: I'll not misconstrue your comment to mean that TMo is an all-star if you'll take back this "I'd rather keep TMO over Griffin" nonsense. deal? I thought so.

11. Houston Native

Supporting Member

That was definitely the impression I got.

And yea I noticed too that he was pronouncing it that way. I wasn't sure if that was the correct pronunciation or that was CD's southern drawl. I heard a 610 guy (I think Rich in the afternoon, but I could be wrong) said it was pronounced "Body-eeen"and that if he scored a FG, he could envision the inevitable that Gene Peterson would say "baddabing" (instead of bingo).:D

I guess I remembered more than I originally thought as I was trying to listen while my son was watching Sponge Bob.

Houston Native

#11 Houston Native, Jul 2, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2003
  12. brocktoon

brocktoon Contributing Member

I caught a little bit of the CD on 610. He talked a little about Ewing. CD said that he was impressed by him when they met, and that JVG had already made an offer. He says that it looks pretty good for getting Ewing as an assistant. Grenato then asked about Mario Elie, and CD said that Mario interviewed with JVG. He went on to say that Mario will be coaching somewhere next year. Not really a huge endorsement of JYD being an asst. next year.

13. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

Griffin sucks!

14. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Are you sure you were listening to Carroll Dawson. :mad:

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Doesn't tell us too much, that they're actively looking to upgrade. But it's good to hear news of some sort.

I guess there'll be no PT for T-Mo. Dang, I liked the guy. If he just had a little more fire in him, he'd catch on with us (and would possibly still be on the Rockets).

I hope T-Mo's unfortunate demise means Boki will get some PT.

Looking for a bruiser are they? Please get Kurt Thomas, please get Kurt Thomas....

16. micah1j

micah1j Member

I liked the caller just before 8am. He went into a tirade against Moochie Norris and the other bad contracts Houston had. He said something like this “Norris dribbles the ball for 20 seconds and then throws up a bad shot.” Then he went on to plead with CD not to sign Posey if the amount is too big. Any way I thought it was funny. CD seemed dumbstruck and didn’t know how to respond. He said Moochie had a bad year last year.

17. micah1j

micah1j Member

Another caller asked about undrafted players Hollis Price of OU and Bogans of UK. CD said they did talk to Price’s agent but he was going to Cleveland’s camp because he had a better chance to make the roster there because they don’t have many guards.

18. chyke_tx

chyke_tx Member

not morris..this blows

19. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

And we do?

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I thought they said the luxury tax wouldn't be an issue for this team this year?