1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What phone would you upgrade to LG G2 or Galaxy S4?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

*bought* the HTC One.

2. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Harder to root? I've rooted my last 5 phones with auto-roots available from XDA. Note 1-3, Nexus 4-5. Hell, I could have rooted my sister's LG G2 easily if I wanted to. Samsung phones are the easiest.

Really? When it first came out 3 of my co-workers were rocking it proudly. No one said anything about "build quality".

3. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Also, speaking of the HTC One, my girlfriend's dad had one. He gave the phone to me to show his stock prices rising and man, what premium quality it was! I mean, I could feel it right through the 1" rubberized case he had it in. QUALITY!

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The root process is easy, but you void your warranty and have to use Triangle Away (Samsung) to remove the root detection or some other process. Some phones have had locked bootloaders until the handset maker relented. Android was designed to allow mods, but it doesn't mean the handset makers want u to do it. That's what I meant.

Do a Google search for Samsung S4 4th quarter sales. They tanked when that "other" phone came out last fall. The reason are given in many articles.

As for the case... And? I can the weight and solid feel just by picking up a Lumina, a One, or that "other" phone. Don't be dense, you know what I mean. Plus many will take there phone out of cases at some point.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

* I can feel*
    I wish I could *edit* lol.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

One more thing... Some of you said you don't care about resell value, but it is another way to judge what Carriers and people think of a phone's lasting value. When carriers will give $15 dollars more for an iPhone 4 over a 2 years younger S3, well that gives an idea what the Carrier thinks about plastic phones.

And don't say Apple bots will pay higher prices for ANY Apple product, because that is not true.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nobody cares about the damn sales man, lol. Get off the sales. More Camry's sold than Ferrari's, American Idol is the #1 show on TV, people drink Miller Lite - get outta here with sales.