1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by willieg52, May 28, 2012.

1. willieg52

willieg52 Member

Why is nobody talking about this kid. I love his game and think he will be an All Star Player. He has the ball handling ability, quick 1st step, ability to create his own shot, great finisher, size, defensive ability to be a very special player. He could easily beat Parsons (who I do like as a role player) and become what we missed having ever since the departure of T-Mac. Mark my word this kid is going to be a All Star!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. JD88

JD88 Member

No. T Jones infuriated UK fans everywhere when he decided to pout and ended up having a string of games in late December where he brought almost nothing (closer to less than nothing) for 4 or 5 games in a row. I believe at one point he had something like 4 rebounds in 3 games, pathetic when you consider he was playing the 4.

He wanders around the 3 point line too much, and gets butthurt if things don't go his way. I assure you, after watching him every game for two seasons, somebody will make a big mistake wasting a lottery pick on him, which they most certainly will.

I don't know what you see in him to make him think he will ever be an all-star, but take it from someone who watched EVERY game he played in college, he will be a bust unless he lands on a team who is either A) so bad off that he is one of, if not the only option they have or B) he lands on a team that allows him to disappear and only show up when he wants to. He's a problem child and a cancer unless one of those two scenarios play out.

3. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I like him as a player, but I have no idea what kind of draft stock he has.

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Jeff Green with motivational issues. His post game won't translate.

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I liked him for awhile but I'm now seeing what others have been saying about his weknesses, he'll be an okay player but nothing more

6. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Sounds like it.

#6 weslinder, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  7. CertifiedTroll

I would take him if he had a quicker release on the shot. But he takes that ball all the way from his knees to above his head in about 3 seconds.

8. willieg52

willieg52 Member

Just funny how now most people are saying or agreeing with me about
    T. Jones now when so many had other opinions. No gloating but glad to see so many now seeing what I've seen in him!

9. hahachui

hahachui Member

u rock

10. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I agree with you.I said it as soon as we drafted him and people on here was hating on me hard.I know its summer leauge but i have seen all of his college games and there is no way Kentucky even smells a championship without this dude.He is our best rookie in my opinion but i like them all.i will be crushed if we trade these rookies for a whiney ass b----

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

So how good are his handles? I looked at a few highlights and he seemed slow to me.

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

This kids got game he's a little rough around the edges but with so coaching he can be a allstar player.

13. SupermoochieFro

I'll admit I was completely wrong about this guy. It's only SL but he's looked very impressive. He looks even bigger in the post than what he's listed which is crazy because he can play on the perimeter too. Very intriguing player.

14. Mariachi ROCKET

He looks really good, great finisher!

15. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Paul Milsap part 2.

16. Iamshawnstay

Iamshawnstay Member

So far he is looking nice....seen some nice /smart passes at times too

17. bbllr3431

bbllr3431 Member

Is he really undersized like people suggest? 6 foot 9.5 and 252s undersized? Having said that he meeds to develop a jumper, go to move and refine his post game to really becomema player. Solid showing so far and his motor has neen awesome

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's ClutchFans, anyone under 6'11" is undersized for PF and anyone under 7' is undersized for C.

(I don't get it, most people here must watch a different NBA from the one I do, because the average PF in the one I watch is approximately 6'9").

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I am really surprised by him. Granted, I didn't watch much Kentucky this past year....kind of boring generally with their talent advantage. I liked his energy his first year...got his hands on a lot of deflections, steals, and blocks. Offense was very raw an inefficient. The limited that I've seen him, he looks differently offensively and also looks bigger. I always thought he would be a big SF in the NBA....He doesn't look 250 lbs.

20. SupermoochieFro

I think it can all be traced back to the times of playing a 6'6" center alongside a 6'9" PF who couldn't jump over a pencil.