1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ed Reed: Texans Defense Rattled Joe Flacco

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by v3.0, Jan 18, 2012.

1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Personally I like the call out. That D has been carrying the offense for so long, about time someone on the D told Flacco to step up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/17/ed-reed-says-flacco-needs-to-get-rid-of-the-ball-line-needs-to-block-better/

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

The Ravens are giving our D more credit than the analyst and reporters were... I read an SI article saying Flacco handled our defense better than most have all season...I was like ...did they watch the game??...

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Seems to me like flacco got saved by his receivers....they made like 2 or 3 important catches that were well covered. I guess he's getting credit for that, but that was all them.

4. plates300

plates300 Member

Flacco wasn't doing anything the entire game. And yes he got bailed out by Boldin and Evans ridiculous catch. He couldn't do squat.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Obviously Flacco isn't all that. But it was very silly of Reed to make this comment leading up to the AFC championship game. Should have saved it for the offseason. Their offense isn't his problem. All this does is put even more pressure on Flacco, which he doesn't seem to handle well.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Well, outside of Brees, who handled the Texans D well? In the end he put up 2tds, no picks, a solid QB rating and a W. Flacco's stats were better than his actual game.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Now's the only time he can get his shots in. Not that I'm defending Flacco, he doesn't seem like a leader. But Reed's interception last sunday was one of the few times since their bye that he's been a relevant piece of that D.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's ironic that the fans were chanting his name (Reed) and now he's doing his best to divide the locker room on the eve of the AFC Championship.

9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I'll take it.

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

My thing about that with TV analysts and internet columnist making a big deal about it is ... no one is pointing out the fact that the Texans are one of the most relentless, best defenses in the league. The reason that Flacco might've been rattled was because he was playing an actual NFL defense. I really hope Flacco lights New England up, because some folks out there think the Ravens had bye-week for some reason against the Texans. I doubt New England is able to bring the same kind of heat and coverage that the Texans brought.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I wish Reed trashed his QB BEFORE the Texans game...

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

The first TD was a bad pass, the TE was open, but Flacco threw it very low.

13. Dedalus

Dedalus Member

Texans: Super Bowl champions next year

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Ed Reed >

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What do you do when Ed Reed trashes your play? Shut up and play better.

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He's right, but he's also a lousy team mate.

17. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

No kidding, Ed Reed is straight up. For sure first ballot HOF'er.

18. Win

Win Contributing Member

Ed Reed is such a gem... I like him almost as much as Cushing and Watts. He basically called Flacco a p***y in an almost pc way. Either Flacco will step-up cuz the Ravens aren't going to the Super Bowl otherwise, or his candid remarks will result in mayhem. I'm good with either one.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Ed reed is goat. He can say what he wants.

20. raj87

raj87 Member

Reed does more than intercept passes. The fact is, his presence in the defensive backfield deters most QB's from throwing deep.