1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Atlanta Hawks respect thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NL Rocket, Jan 6, 2015.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Please, can somebody explain how they are doing it, their run is really amazing. Is it just their coach, which it did seem like from their game against us. They run a crisp offense, get a lot of bodies moving and always seem to get their shots off. At least he's making a serious impact and if only Morey would understand that, but hey, they are fun to watch and glad they keep beating our Western rivals!

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't know. But when they pulled up the Eastern Conference standings in the middle of the game and I saw the Hawks at #1 I thought I was having a stroke. WTF?

Lol.

3. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Respect the ATL, Young Jeezy, Georgia Peaches , Peachtree , Southern Belles . I75/I85 Connector, Black Capital for Entertainment .....

4. NotChandlerParsons

Fun watching team ball decimate the East. Imagine if the late Adelman Rockets had been transplanted over there.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

They are a perfect example of just how far good coaching can take you. They're not nearly as talented as other teams, but great coaching and schemes that are perfect fits for the players they have.

6. NotChandlerParsons

To be fair, its easy to forget how good of a frontcourt they have. Korver/Millsap/Horford. Horford is playing out of position and not as good as he used to be, but still you've got two excellent two-way bigs and the best spot up shooter in the league. Teague is a good PG, Carroll has massively improved his 3 pt shot. Least flawed starting 5 in the East.

7. lalala902102001

Personnel wise Atlanta is like the Detroit team of the early 2000's. They have good solid players all in their prime with just the right mix of experience and youth. Coaching wise Mike Budenholzer is a Popovich disciple and has transplanted the Spurs style of basketball into the Hawks. As a result we have a team that plays hard every game and shares the basketball. In other words they are playing basketball "the right way".

I would still take the Bulls as the team to beat in the East coming playoffs time, but Atlanta has earned my respect and I think Budenholzer has a bright future ahead of him as an NBA head coach.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Hawks are Spurs East right now.

Well disciplined, well coached. They have many two-way players, offense/defense. They have great shooting (Korver). BOTH of their bigs can hit from range and offer post play to draw double teams (Millsap/Horford). The PG duo of Teague and Shroder are really good.

Millsap should cash in in UFA this off-season.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Every player in their rotation would fit in flawlessly here, that's how you know a team is doing it right. But more importantly they went to a retro logo. Simple as that.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yeah but their fan site is still not better than CFnet.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

still get knocked out in the 2nd round

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

lol jk, they have a great squad going for them.

13. CrashTheBoards

I find it funny how this team is up for sale by the NBA and they are first in the East in the longest time I can remember. They have been getting a lot of calls their way this season, just like the Clippers in the last few years. After Sterling sold the Clippers, the NBA stopped calling it every time they flopped.

But yeah, they are playing well.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Checking the Egos , maybe?

Cannot say I heard anything about an headcases, prima donnas etc

Rocket River

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This team will be top 3 in the regular season in the east (which I predicted here couple months back), but they will not go far in the playoff.

This team is lacking of a real superstar, and you need one to carry you in the playoff.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The biggest issue with lacking a Superstars . . .lack of REF RESPECT

Rocket River

17. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Yeah but what to say about the fact that they are so urban?

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

we have two of them and didnt get much love from the refs last night

19. NotChandlerParsons

The Hawks have a fan site? Movin up in the world!

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

in the playoffs. . . .. in the playoffs

Rocket River