1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In retrospect, did Chris Bosh make the right choice?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 19, 2015.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I just kid is alright. Blood clots are no joke.

2. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

I just looked up Wade's numbers to see how he is doing physically. He has only 8 dunks this entire year. In his best ever year he had more than 150, and now he's projected to finish the year with 13. That is really sad.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I just looked up his numbers as well.

Someone could have won some money off me if they had bet me that his FT% for his career was under 80%. I was genuinely surprised to find that he is sub 80. I feel like he has been automatic everytime I've ever seen him.

4. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

For money? Sure why not. 118M for 5 years? Shooot...

For rings? Nah, Wade can't stay healthy. Dragic will help, but don't see them now winning the East.

5. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Yes, he made the right decision. He likes Miami and doesn't have to uproot his kids. I think that was a huge factor for him. On top of that, its the most money he could have gotten. He already has two rings, which is two more than Charles Barkley and Skip Shamless. I'm pretty sure if he came to Houston he would still look like a lizard.

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Blood clot in the lungs is the layman term for a pulmonary embolism. Pulmonary embolisms and deep vein thrombosis are treated with blood thinners (anti-coagulation) for a few months. My concern is that he should not be getting a blood clot at all, and there needs to be a good explanation if he is to continue to have a career in the NBA.

7. stab

stab Member

The dude got PAID to stay in Miami..

Already has a pair of rings

Can't fault him

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I brought this up in the Dish, but it is concerning that Varejao, Teletovic and now Bosh have/had PEs all within a year.

This is not a statistical abberation

9. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

20 years from now, after Harden retires, in retrospect maybe OKC made the right move trading him to us.

10. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

It's not even an honest comparison.

The correct comparison is:

Miami: Wade, Whiteside, Dragic
    vs:
    Houston: Harden, Howard, Smith

not:

Miami: Bosh, Wade, Whiteside, Dragic
    vs:
    Houston: Harden, Howard, Smith

Come to think of it, thank goodness we didn't sign Bosh, as there's no way Smith would have come here on a team that already had Jones and Motiejunas.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Freak event with the blood clots.

don't forget how we lost kyle lowry, he had a freak bacterial infection that took him out of the season and that's how dragic got play

12. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Carl Herrera jinx.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well the problem is Miami isn't exactly "ruling" the East to begin with, IIRC they are hanging on to dear life as an 8th seed so how much does Dragic turn them around? Not only that while the Miami roster is old and will likely get worse with time a lot of the Eastern teams are really young and will get better, Cavs for example have an emerging Irving and Love is only 25, Detroit/Bucks/Raptors/Magic even Atlanta's players are younger than Miami's. So I think this is Miami's last or 2nd to the last hurrah, after 2 years they are gonna suck so hard Dragic or no Dragic.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Damn, I feel bad for Bosh IMHO he is a really good player and easily worth the max (just not 30M a year LOL).

With that said, I hope everyone in CF now stops talking nonsense about trading real assets for guys who can bolt in the offseason. Verbal guarantees are jsut that, guarantees. IIRC when DM traded for Harden he immediately signed him to the max and locked him up for the longest time possible, that's how you do a deal not this verbal agreement "spit is as good as paper" bs.

15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One thought is if he is taking testosterone supplements, he would be at increased risk of blood clots. But I imagine the NBA tests for testosterone as a PED.

The only other obvious risk factor he would have is frequent air travel but playing basketball should completely negate that risk.