1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Bulls make Taj Gibson available for trade talks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HRox832, Feb 5, 2015.

1. rocketblood713

Stay in the east

2. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

People are saying D-Mo is untouchable. What about Ariza? Conceivably, could Papanikolaou and Brewer make up for losing Ariza?

3. FeaR

FeaR Member

No. Ariza is miles better than Brewer(who is gambling like crazy on defense) and Pap( there is no need for explanation). We have a good team. We just need another playmaker,

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If we're not involved in some way (3-team trade), then I don't want him getting dealt to the West. He would be a huge boon for any of the contenders.

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This would be the prefect way to pry Dragic from PHX

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am not saying no, but please explain it to me how it could it work out for the Rockets.

7. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

What I mean to say is, if we had to move Ariza for another playmaker by facilitating a Taj Gibson trade, would it be worthwhile? I actually sort of feel like we could potentially weather that storm.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Maybe the Bulls will toss in Thibodeau to sweeten the deal...

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

According to the PHX boards their management is very high on Gibson. I'm not saying they will go for it but if I'm DM I am dangling Nyk Pick, Nop Pick, Cannan, Lexy, Cappela, Jones ,Terry and Papa to see if Chicago will bite. With Gibson to PHX, Dragic to Houston and what ever Chi wants between what we are willing to part with as well as PHX. Again not saying out will work just saying i would deff be engaging both teams

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

What would the Rox do with yet another PF when they already have DMo, Tjones and Smith on the team?

Also the worst time to trade for a guy is when he's about to hit the FA market, like with Dragic. If you really want him then trade your dudes for assets like picks or whatever and then sign him in FA with a max contract. Emptying the cup board for a dude hwo might leave in FA is just not a smart idea IMHO, look at how Cleveland and Dallas flopped because they gave up assets for a would be FA.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's so funny how before this season started we'd all have been going nuts over the idea of acquiring Gibson but since the emergence of D-Mo and the arrival of Smoove, power forward may be our most loaded position.

12. Pete the Cheat

think you are missing context on that reply. he was referring to using Gibson as the piece to Phx to land Dragic.

And similar to the Harden trade, no impending FA requiring significant assets to land will be coming here unless their is an agreement to re-up ahead of time.

13. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

LOL...horrible trade for the Warriors. No way are the Warriors dumb enough to trade one of their Co-Captains for Gibson. Even though Iguodala is declining as he ages, but for this season alone he will not be traded. Why would the Warriors break up their core when their playing the best basketball along with the Atlanta Hawks. Chemistry is a part of the game and Morey needs to know this as a GM building a team.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Truth!

The emergence of DMo's overall game has been an eye opener.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

The thing is 2016 is just around the corner though, what's the point of getting Dragic when we could make a run at KD? The NBA won't end after this season, just like the Spurs the Rox should keep the long term view in mind instead of being like Dallas and emptying the piggy bank just for a desperate short term gamble.

A player like Dragic is really good but at the same time the NBA is flooded with competent PGs, I would rather we chase KD first and then sign/trade for a pg as a backup plan if we strike out.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I would go for it and play him exclusively at C while Dwight sits out. Yes he's undersized, but he still brings production to a position where we can use some depth. Having D-Mo and Gibson on the team makes me feel ok about Dwight missing time.

I wonder if they'd be interested in K-Pap and Jones?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bob Allen(KHOU):

...and the NBA trade deadline is February 20th and without Howard, the buzz around the league is the Rockets may be looking to pull the trigger on a deal for a big man. One of the names being mentioned is Bulls forward Taj Gibson but there are several other teams that would like to have Gibson as well.

One area the Rockets need improvement in is point guard. Pat Beverley has been good at times but not as many times as we would like. Daryl Morey, the Rockets General Manager, has never been one to sit still so wouldn't be surprised at all if at least one move was made.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bulls say forward Taj Gibson underwent an arthroscopy and repair of his left ankle on Tuesday and is expected to be out 4 months.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/611911808283119616">June 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. verysimplejason

WTH... Why??? Iggy is more mobile, can create his own shots, can pass and can shoot the 3. Who would be crazy to do that?

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Ironic that the Raptors were considered one of the main suitors. They needed an upgrade to Amir Johnson, who's mostly a similar player to Gibson, just with bad ankles. Now they both have the same problem.