1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Shane Battier's last 5 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Dec 21, 2010.

1. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

http://games.espn.go.com/fba/playerrater?&splitTypeId=1

As impressive as Lowry and Martin and our whole team have been, I would like to take the opportunity to point out that Battier has been an important contributor to our recent relative success.

I watched the Warriors game on ILPB and the Warriors announcers kept saying that Battier "just keeps making the right play at the right time and will break your back".

While he does not score much, he is so important to our team, and it is NOT just intangibles.

Over the last 5 games, per game:

Minutes: 29.8
    3-pointers made per game: 2.4
    3-pt %: 48 %
    FT %: 100 %
    Steals: 1.4
    Blocks: 2.0
    Rebounds: 5.0
    Assists: 3.8

Other than the obvious low scoring (and a strangely bad shooting when not shooting threes, his overall fg % is at 40 % which means he must have missed a lot of non-3-pointers, as his 3-point % is at 48 %), he has great numbers across the board - not just "intangibles", but very tangible numbers. Whoever picked him up in fantasy basketball leagues for the last 7 games made a good decision.

He does a little bit of everything, and, as the Warriors announcers said, he does it at the right time.

And all of the above doesn't even take into account the charges, the great defense, often on the opposing team's best player, and his leadership.

Keep Battier!

1 person likes this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lol pretty soon the entire 1st page will be 'last 5 games' threads :grin:

shane's played well i must admit.....especially the interior helpside D

3. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

i picked him up on my league because of his blocks and 3's....plus he gets boards.

Battier deserves some love here...too bad everyone can only see the Rudy gay garbage.

4. conquistador#11

The battman was even trash talking with the fans, with his colgate smile of course.

Luis needs one of these last 5 games thread..just don't mention the free throw shooting. :grin:

5. phantoman

i like that he was trash talking, i think that helped him bring his game up. He must have gotten tired of those fans heckling him.

Batman needs to act like batman, a ruthless badass.... with brains.

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I thought Battier might be done earlier this year, but he's turned it around and put the cowl back on. Adelman seems to have found a stable rotation for now, and Battier is thriving in it.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Somebody please make a "Yao Ming's last 5 games" thread. Okay that's not funny. :(

8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

At one stage they even said something like "Shane Battier and Monta Ellis, no coach would say no to having them on their team". It was a bit overboard to the point I was feeling embarrassed lol.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is getting a fair amount of rest too, probably helping with his legs....under 30mpg is really agreeing with him.

DD

10. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Oh come on guys. Let's replace him with someone who knows how to play basketball. :rolleyes: ;)

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I've never noticed how much Battier is in peak physical shape either.

something just clicked for me last night , probably started in the Laker game watching Battier will this team to win...

1 person likes this.
  12. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Just as Battier seems to be losing a step in his perimeter man-to-man defense, his help defense has been fantastic. He seems to make the right rotation at exactly the right time, every time.

13. RocketsFan69

RocketsFan69 Member

Agread, i really belive he is the heart and sole of them team with scola, i really want to keep and him and hopefully DM will resign him

14. phantoman

I do too, but we have to add Hayes to the group too. Those guys keep things anchored and loose. Much respect to them.

15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Against the Kings, the announcers also said that Battier's been the best defender against Tyreke they've seen so far (from previous games last year).

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

^*their announcers

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Kyle Lowry is no. 1 baby

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

And Lowry. These guys define our identity with their heart, smartness, toughness and hustle.

19. ManOnfire

ManOnfire Member

I found it funny...sad, but funny.

20. YaoMingsSoulja

Yah you can tell battier hates to lose just btw he plays. He's got that Duke mentality ;)