1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shane Battier's next job: NBA commissioner

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sbyang, Apr 13, 2010.

1. sbyang

sbyang Member

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the rockets need to sign him as a coach first. when he's retired from coaching he can be the commish.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I vote for Gundy.

4. PlanetG

PlanetG Member

bump! really cool article. Battier FTW.

5. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

already in roster moves section... but yeah great ideas.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

No stat allstar -> NBA commish -> x -> POTUS

7. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I still remember Bill W. saying he truly believes Shane will become the NBA's next commissioner as soon as he retires.

He was saying something like Stern him self is just waiting for him to retire so he can hand him the job.

He seemed pretty dam confident saying it to like he already knew it was going to happen.

8. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Won't happen. Shane has ethical and moral values.

1 person likes this.
  9. 3d-homer

3d-homer Member

How many players do you think actually sit around and think of ways to improve the game from the fans perspective? I'd guess the list is pretty short.

I like the idea of the shorter season, and loved the 5 game series for 1st rounders. Really wish they hadn't changed it.

He is right about what he'd have to prove to the current commish. The NBA is entirely money driven, Stern has made sure of that. I don't think there is any way they lose 30 games of revenue.

You do have to wonder though. Would the empty stadiums fill up if they knew there was an outside chance their 30 win team could tough it out in a single elimination tournament and get a 7 or 8 seed in the playoffs?

I know Portland would kill for a 52 game schedule right now after losing Roy for 4 to 6 weeks. ;)

10. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

The commissioner's job is to represent the interests of the owners. I don't see the owners voting to have a former player represent their interests, when the party they most often negotiate with is the players association...

11. WillG

WillG Member

Nah I love watching basketball. The more games the better.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Well, Pope and His Holiness The Dalai Lama were taken already. :p