1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is healthy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by solid, Oct 21, 2002.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Morris and Norris are out for weeks, Nashbar still hampered by hernia operation, Taylor not full speed, Frances and Mobley both are troubled by foot problems (hopefully minor), and now KT has a broken thumb. Should we be worried yet?:confused:

2. cujo

cujo Member

And Yao has jet lag..........

3. rock

rock Member

If Collier keeps the face mask, I'm sure he'll carry the team until the other players recover.

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Norris will be ready after the first week of the season and his injury won't linger. It's not that kind of injury. Nachbar is playing through his and it will improve, not get worse. Taylor is really just getting into game shape. Francis and Mobley are fine. They would play every game if it was the regular season. KT's injury isn't as bad as they thought and he MIGHT be back for the regular season opener.

It could be a LOT worse.

5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Let's just hope it's not like last year.

6. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Thanks Jeff, for the info on KT.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Thanks, Jeff, that is encouraging. I am so pumped about the season and all the potential on this team, the "nagging injuries" were starting to bother me. It is a long season, and I really want the team to start healthy.

8. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

That's great! :D Not one word from someone worried about whether or not Glen Rice is healthy! :D :D :D :cool:

9. Truth

Truth Member

More encouraging news. I saw Moochie on the new yesterday, and he said if last night was a regular season game he would've played, and said he will be ready for the season opener. But what I'm worried about is the PF slot, Kenny has a broken thumb and Mo has a 5 game suspension, and TMo is out for a month. Not that Griff isn't capable, but who is there to back him up?

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You're right,Truth.Not having KT or MO-T hurts. Collier by default becomes the backup PF until they get back.

11. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I think it will provide some valuable time for Eddie to play without a net. I think that this kid will react well under pressure and would like for him to have the opportunity. I think Eddie has as much upside on both offense and defense and I hope he gets enough minutes to prove himself.

12. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rockets_200203_Injury_Report-55410-34.html

Updated: October 21, 2002

-ROCKETS 2002-03 INJURY REPORT -

PLAYER/ INJURY/ STATUS

KENNY THOMAS
    - Fractured thumb
    Out of action at least 10 days

YAO MING
    -Late arrival
    May play 10/23 vs. Spurs

PETE MICKEAL
    - Injured foot
    Day-to-day

TERENCE MORRIS
    - Sprained ankle
    Out of action 4-6 weeks

MOOCHIE NORRIS
    -Dislocated pinkie on right hand
    Out approximately three weeks

13. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Yeah....., like Rudy T might go on I.R. for facial paralysis from too much smiling & grinning during Yao Ming's welcoming party!!!;) :cool:

14. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

I hope we don't see Collier at the 4 any time soon. As a matter of fact, I'd rather watch Ming play against backup 4s than Collier. Now that would be an interesting mismatch.:)

15. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I don't understand your trepidation regarding Collier. Collier sets a great pick, has a nice shot with range and finally seems more coordinated by way of understanding his positioning on the floor. Collier is not a first stringer by any account, but he is a solid backup and knows his role (see "Hate to Beat a Dead Horse").

Also, I suspect his new mask gives him more confidence.:cool:

16. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Draft Day God -
    Your preachin' to the choir.

Collier never has and never will get any respect around here. He's a backup and he knows it, he always hustles and it shows, and the Rockets have the option next year whether they want him for another year at the cheap price of $2.1m.

Given that this thread is about injuries and that decent backup C's are hard to find and more expensive than Colliers current $1.3m (Lorenzen Wright -$6m / Evan Eschmeyer - $3.1m / Marc Jackson $3.1m / Ostertag $7.8m / Adonal Foyle - $4.4m), I'm glad we have him and that he wants to contribute.

If the Rockets don't pickup his option next year, he will still be in the league.

17. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Thanks, Gater, I'm glad I'm not the only one to see his value in the overall scheme of things.